Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Thank you Cacamaca,
I haven't see that args in others posts. But in the future i will keep in mind. If it works it's better than my approach because have less steps. The important is the information that you share. It can be useful for another hacintosher!

LP

You're very welcome. And to clarify, those parameters are to be used to install OS X and to boot to get the NVIDIA driver installed. I input them on the Clover boot screen. After that you rely on your normal Clover parameters. It goes w/o saying that during the use of those parameters the graphics are very slow (it recognizes a video card with 32MB or so) but is more than sufficient to get your job done and install/modify the files you need to get your CustoMac set up properly.

Thank you, Tony! Extremely smooth upgrade by following your instructions exactly! 2 more CustoMacs to go.

Finished upgrading all 3 CustoMacs through this method. Extremely smooth. The only difference is that I didn't have to change the boot partition at the Clover screen at all. They just rebooted twice during the installation process w/o me interfering - like a real Mac. I don't know if it's due to having Fusion drives or not.

Believe it or not: I find the CustoMacs more stable than the 2 Minis and MBPr I have. Those 3 have issues when sending a shutdown or reboot command. They freeze! The CusoMacs have absolutely no issues :) I guess a clean wipe is in order for the Apple products :)

Audio problems: see Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA. Post to same thread as the guide

Toleda, I wanted to use this oppurtinity to thank you for your tremendous work to the Hackintosh community! Awesome job and I, as I am sure as others, am very grateful for the work you are doing! Your Audio script to enable sound via the terminal ROCKS! Installed on machines with ALC 887 and 889 perfectly!

Once again, THANK YOU!!!

Hi guys,
I upgraded Yosemite 10.10.5 to El Capitan following the TonyMac guide in OP (I have clover r3280), but mouse and keyboard doesn't work anymore (I noticed that mouse and keyboard stopped working also during El Capitan installation).

The upgrade was done succesfully: OS X boot correctly, but I can't interact with it.
My motherboard is a Gigabyte P55A-UD4, and on Yosemite my configuration was rock solid!

How can I solve this issue?

I tried to boot with USBBusFix=Yes but nothing
I tried to connect mouse and keyboard to an external and powered USB Hub (I read about this in other thread) but nothing

Also if I boot from recovery HD partition mouse and keyboard does'nt work.

Any help? Thx a lot

1. Download the latest version of Clover from sourceforge and update your existing Clover install.

Stupid question but how exactly do I update my existing clover install? I am already up and running on Yosemite

Followed the guide, installed Clover, partially disabled SIP, copied over kexts from 10.10 to 10.11, started install to reboot, then it gets stuck at this;
View attachment 154756
So i tried cpus=1, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000 (not at the same time obviously)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. System specs are in my sig.
Cheers!

I've had the this problem too. I had to use the USB to upgrade, which I thought was odd that it worked. I'm about to go through this again to see if I can upgrade it this way or not. Anyone else have ideas?

Stupid question but how exactly do I update my existing clover install? I am already up and running on Yosemite

I updated Clover by just running the Clover installer as it's smart enough to know you're just updating the boot files. It didn't touch my Config.plist file. However, I mounted the EFI partition with EFI Mounter v3 and backed up my config.plist file to be on the safe side. Clover Configurator can update clover, too, but I've very wary of CC use.

Hi All,
It s a little late to the party but have a question regard SIP disable. I look at my config file and found it s already had some scrips in there, so I wonder if I should replace them with the scrips that post on the 1st page or just add them to the existing info that is already in there. Thanks

This is what is already in there

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>    <dict>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <string>C02140302D5DMT31M</string>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <string>e80700080009</string>
    </dict>

Should I replace them with these :
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>

Hi All,
It s a little late to the party but have a question regard SIP disable. I look at my config file and found it s already had some scrips in there, so I wonder if I should replace them with the scrips that post on the 1st page or just add them to the existing info that is already in there. Thanks

This is what is already in there

Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>    <dict>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <string>e80700080009</string>
    </dict>

Should I replace them with these :
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>
No, add the BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig to the RtVariables. Do not replace the MLB and ROM.

Wow, It worked really well. I started using clover to install Yosemite. Where everything works. Even FaceTime. I used my Yosemite clover EFI partition settings and used also my cofig.plist with the code changed for the RtVariable.

I think is better to use clover for the whole installation. Because you can change any settings in the EFI partition. In the beginning might be difficult but if you follow Tonymacx86's Guide How to Install OS X Yosemite using Clover, it will be ok. Pays off later.

But I have a question: After successful El Capitan installation, should I change back the RtVariable or leave it as is? Because this manages the system protection. In Yosemite was

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<key>ROM</key>
<string>6c41ae807e30</string>
</dict>

Another question is:
Is the EFI partition susceptible to hacking, because is a FAT format?

Thank you so much :thumbup:

Back