Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Thanks for your help knox but it didn't help either, I guess it's time to go back to yosemite (Thanks Time Machine)

Thanks for your help knox but it didn't help either, I guess it's time to go back to yosemite (Thanks Time Machine)

See --> Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems on the front page.
My guess is that you have an old conflicting kext in S/L/E e.g. EvOreboot.kext.

Well i followed the post #9 from this thread and did remove evoreboot.kext before that so it's not an extensions related problem
didn't have any problem with yosemite before, weird

Followed the guide, installed Clover, partially disabled SIP, copied over kexts from 10.10 to 10.11, started install to reboot, then it gets stuck at this;
IMG_2886.jpg
So i tried cpus=1, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000 (not at the same time obviously)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. System specs are in my sig.
Cheers!

booting from recovery hd and using terminal command csrutil disable will not work?

Nice to not have to do that with the command in rtvariables but I like using clover config and it screws up cc.

I have an anormal issue.... Now I have a profile (Imac 12.2) All works fine, except usb 3.0, but If I change the profile to Imac 13.1, the bluetooth it doesnt works (only BT, but wifi it works)

I have an Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 with a pci-e adapter.

Can anybody explain me, what is the problem?

I have an anormal issue.... Now I have a profile (Imac 12.2) All works fine, except usb 3.0, but If I change the profile to Imac 13.1, the bluetooth it doesnt works (only BT, but wifi it works)

I have an Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 with a pci-e adapter.

Probably built-in usb port injectors for iMac13,1 are not appropriate for your PCs usb topology.

See here for more info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

To get Bluetooth working for my card (AzureWave AW-CE123H) I had to:
1. Replace the Handoff patch in my config.plist
2. Copy BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
3. Copy FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
4. Copy FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
5. Copy FakePCIID.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

Although to detect a BT device it has to be very close to the PC. Although I had the same problem with Yosemite. My BT works fine in Windows so I still need to figure out how to fix this issue.

I upgraded my Yosamite 10.10.5 to clover no problem i did the direct install to El Capitain now i get to the boot screen click on my drive and it goes to the apple sign and reboots help please!!!!

Gunnatalk, I had a similar issue with my upgrade at one point. Once I deleted the Evreboot.kext in S/L/E, I was able to boot back in fine. Not sure if you tried that already.

Back