Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Looking pretty good right now. New system definition is definitely working out, power management is good, USB is now good as well. Sound is good, Nvidia drivers loading properly. The one thing that broke is caps lock which is strange. I'm assuming changing the system definition did that somehow. I'm not using a PC keyboard. I have the Apple Extended Keyboard II (ADB) which is plugged in through a Griffin iMate, so basically to the computer it is a USB keyboard. When I turn on caps lock the light does not light up and I don't have caps. Shift works but no caps lock. I have not even the first clue on how to troubleshoot this one.

Reason why System definition is working out is because its the correct SMBIOS for you're desktop and for Power Management.

14,2 is the wrong System definition for you're desktop. iMac 12,2 is the correct System definition. But you'd get away with using 13,2. Try iMac 13,2 and see if it changes anything with you're graphics but I'm pretty certain the problem is Sierra in general.
Tried all 3, no luck

Any Z68 mobo successes?. Maybe I should just build a new hackintosh... The z68 is 4 years old, at least... I am running El Cap with dual 970s fine. Though mac only sees 1 graphic card. I upgraded but had to downgrade due to reboots.. Would I need the null cpu PM?

Don't give up on it yet. I have updated 2 GA-Z68 CustoMacs (check my signature) without a glitch. They required only the audio to be updated. It was so easy, almost scary :) Looking forward to future macOS' with those 2 babies.

If i updated the Mac partition would i have any problems dual booting?

Attached - Thanks!

You're config already has nvda_drv=1. Although you have rootless=0 and kexts-dev-mode=1 recommend removing rootless=0 it attends to cause kernel panics.

You're config already has nvda_drv=1. Although you have rootless=0 and kexts-dev-mode=1 recommend removing rootless=0 it attends to cause kernel panics.

OK, I'll remove that. Any idea what could cause the Nvidia driver to always revert back to the osx driver on restart?

OK, I'll remove that. Any idea what could cause the Nvidia driver to always revert back to the osx driver on restart?

Try putting EmuVaribles in DriversUEFI. If that doesn't work then reinstall nvidia web drivers.

Back