Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

That's it right there, system booted up without NullCPUPowerManagement. Power management is now working, confirmed through the Intel Power Gadget.

Not using the Nvidia driver anymore, but I assume I just need to do that trick to the config.plist to clear that up.

Two issues have come up:
1. Strange but when I turn on caps lock on my keyboard, I get no caps lock status light (I used to before). Actually caps lock is not even working anymore (I have it on while typing this message actually. I am actually using a old Apple Extended Keyboard II that is connected to an ADB to USB adapter (Griffin iMate).

2. Most of my USB ports are dead, I actually had to swap by bluetooth dongle to a different port to have a mouse. Right now my system has two front ports (both are working) and 6 ports on the back.

USB will be dead due to Port Restrictor. The problem was you had so many patches in you're config which was causing issues only use patches that you're machine requires. Don't use Clover Patches when you have a DSDT. Follow this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-new-raise-port-limit-patch-for-macos-10-12-sierra.202329/

USB will be dead due to Port Restrictor. The problem was you had so many patches in you're config which was causing issues only use patches that you're machine requires. Don't use Clover Patches when you have a DSDT. Follow this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-new-raise-port-limit-patch-for-macos-10-12-sierra.202329/

Thanks, about to do that. Also false alarm on the sound. I forgot to realize that since my Nvidia driver was not loading, no HDMI audio (since it's the same card). I modified the config.plist and now Nvidia loads and I have sound.

Only issues left are the USB limits and caps lock not working.

Thanks, about to do that. Also false alarm on the sound. I forgot to realize that since my Nvidia driver was not loading, no HDMI audio (since it's the same card). I modified the config.plist and now Nvidia loads and I have sound.

Only issues left are the USB limits and caps lock not working.

Look at link I provided for USB port Restrictor.

This is basically what I was getting before when trying to install Sierra. I tried everything and nothing worked. Then someone suggested i remove the -xmpc flag and add NullCPUPowerManagement to the other folder, then I was able to install Sierra. I did later try to add the -xmpc flag and it doesn't make any difference. The deal breaker is NullCPUPowerManagement. When removed, my system is not bootable. I am using Clover 3763, although I did try a few older versions and got the same effect.

Here is my screenshot along with my config.plist, DSDT and SSDT which were in the patched folder.

View attachment 212657
have you tried DSDT=No?

A few people have reported same activity with the GT 610 could just be a issue with Sierra in general. First release don't expect it to not be buggy.
This is my exact problem. MSI GT 610 black screen issues

Look at link I provided for USB port Restrictor.

Looking pretty good right now. New system definition is definitely working out, power management is good, USB is now good as well. Sound is good, Nvidia drivers loading properly. The one thing that broke is caps lock which is strange. I'm assuming changing the system definition did that somehow. I'm not using a PC keyboard. I have the Apple Extended Keyboard II (ADB) which is plugged in through a Griffin iMate, so basically to the computer it is a USB keyboard. When I turn on caps lock the light does not light up and I don't have caps. Shift works but no caps lock. I have not even the first clue on how to troubleshoot this one.

14,2 is the wrong System definition for you're desktop. iMac 12,2 is the correct System definition. But you'd get away with using 13,2. Try iMac 13,2 and see if it changes anything with you're graphics but I'm pretty certain the problem is Sierra in general.

Last edited:
Back