Contribute
Register

didii's Claire9 Haswell build: Asus Maximus VI Impact | i5-4670k | GTX 650 TI Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh, hang on, do you lose your BT paired device when switching between Windows and OSX? Or just simply by shutting down (without booting to windows) and run it again? Because if it's the first one, it's due to different link keys between windows and OSX. search this forum / google, and u'll find the solution.

Lol, making BT work 100% is hard, huh. Have you searched around the forum, or ask others' help, tho? Because IIRC, some of the M6I owners are able to get it work, through clover. :)

Yeah, iMessage works fine for me. What i did was adding FileNVRAM 1.1.2 inside /Extra/modules.

haha I've read of the link key issues but heck i don't understand the solution to fixing it..
but no, i have different BT devices that each only pairs to each OS, not shared between dual boot.. so i have no idea why its acting up like this..

ultimately i wish there's easier guide/fix in changing link keys cos its too complicated for me to understand.. lol

mmm i have no idea how clover works.. and i don't understand nor do i know what are the settings for M6I.

maybe i'll try installing FileNVRAM and give that a go.. shall go find the file ;)

Oh by by the way do you have issues with sleep?
mine doesn't really sleep.
it goes to sleep mode but every minute the fans will be forced to run at full speed and speakers 'refreshing' - similar to during start up.
so I have no choice, I always shut it down instead of sleep.. :(

Hi Didii, Many thanks for this thread. It has been useful for many of us.
Would be possible to update it with "Yosemite" ?

I have already Yosemite installed on my system, i may contribute if necessary.

Thx

Thank for didii.Everything work for me with AMD 7970 ,IOGear Buletooth,Half WAN 9285 with kext.
I have waiting for Yosemite guide.

Thx.

Hey guys! u're welcome! im glad that this thread has been useful!

I havent updated my system to Yosemite, though. Still can't afford the time consuming problem solving errors (if there's any). Quite busy with my uni works atm.

@Bergoule:How's yosemite, btw? Oh, maybe u can start a thread in the userbuild section, man! Then I can just follow your guide when updating to Yosemite :p

Edit: Thanks for everything didii. I purchased all my hardware in July '14 and your guide allowed me to make a decision on the mobo.

Edit: There has been an update to the nVidia drivers since 343.01 - I installed them and on next boot had issues with a black screen. Didn't troubleshoot further, so be warned that the latest drivers may break things with the GTX 780 card.

Followed this guide but installed Yosemite instead (Mavericks would install but had trouble with subsequent boot-ups so I gave in).

I am dual booting with Windows 8.1 (installed first - not GPT if it matters). I followed the latter half of the guide to set up the mini ~300 MB EFI partition that the OS creates automatically to house the Chameleon bootloader files. I took a risk and it did not destroy my OS partitions so I was happy :)

Notes

Things I had to do in order to get a successful install:
  • After Unibeast is set up, go to toleda's GitHub page and acquire the bcm4352.kext.zip file and place the uncompressed .kext file onto the USB for setting up with KextBeast. This will allow you to setup WiFi quickly. I personally did not care for, nor set up Bluetooth (source: Toleda GitHub)
  • OPTIONAL: For DisplayPort users, unplug the DisplayPort cable from monitor for the duration of install and stick to HDMI - can switch to DisplayPort later.
  • OPTIONAL: For GTX 780 users, also acquire the nVidia driver pkg file so you have everything on USB (source: nVidia Mac OSX driver 343.01). I have not tried the CUDA drivers yet.
  • OPTIONAL: For GTX 780 users, remove the default nVidia drivers that come with installer as they result in a black screen during initialization. After setting up Unibeast, on first boot-up go into single user mode and remove any nVidia kexts (source: ****** Hackintosh)
    • At Unibeast OS selection screen, select "USB" and hit the "Tab" key
    • At the "boot: " prompt, type in "-s" and hit "Enter"
    • At the command prompt, type in:
      • mount -uw /
      • mkdir /backup
      • cd /System/Library/Extensions
      • mv NVD* /backup
      • reboot

Hardware Specification

• Asus Maximus VI Impact - upgraded to latest firmware from Asus' website
  • Intel 4470K 3.5 GHz
  • nVidia GTX 780 - install in safe mode then enable proper drivers
  • mPCIe combo BT/WiFi card
  • 16 GB RAM - you need the maxmem=4096 boot-up flag
  • Random SSDs

Steps

1. Upgrade to the latest firmware; I was able to get Mavericks installed without this step so who knows, it may not make a difference. So long as you have the following options to set up in the BIOS/UEFI:
    • Load Optimized Defaults
    • Advanced
      • CPU Configuration > CPU Power Management Configuration > CFG Lock > Disabled
      • SATA Configuration > AHCI
      • Fast Boot > Disabled
      • Intel VT-d > Disabled
    • Boot > Secure Boot > Other OS
    • Tweak > Set RAM frequency to 1800 MHz (to match what I actually have - unsure if this helped)
  2. Follow didii's steps to get a USB stick prepared with the latest Unibeast but with a Yosemite install package.
  3. Boot flags that worked in the end, simply were: -x maxmem=4096
  4. Get done with the installer, boot back up using the USB drive again this time choosing the newly installed OS.
  5. Go through the setup process while indicating that the computer does not connect to the internet.
  6. Run MultiBeast with the options described by didii. Also take the time to set up the bootloader onto the mini EFI partition.
  7. Copy the WiFi kext file from USB to desktop, run KextBeast and go through the process. You should be able to get WiFi immediately (can confirm hardware is detected with a "dmesg" Terminal command).
  8. Install the nVidia drivers. Reboot. Find the control panel installed by the nVidia package and switch to nVidia's drivers. No bootflags necessary :)

@battoo

Have you checked if sleep works?

For me it only works when I press sleep on the apple button.
Sleep on system preferences only works with my display but not on the computer.

@Polochamps:

Sleep works in the sense that the display is no longer on. The computer itself, however, I am unsure about. My fan keeps spinning in cycles, it goes off like a jet (as if the CPU load is too high) for 5 seconds then dies off and goes quiet.

I did not mention this earlier, but I basically turned sleep off because of the fan cycling issue - so everything is instant on for me. It's only on for the monitor after 15 minutes of idling. My particular set up is not the loudest, so I am not too bothered by it at the moment. Perhaps I'll look to fix this in the future. For now I am trying to get things set up so it feels like a daily computer and not just something you find on display at a computer store :)

Did a clean install and everything works except for my Bluetooth which shows up in preferences but nothing can connect to it. Anyone got any ideas?

Hey guys, my first build here with the Maximus Impact VI running on El Capitan 10.11.6

I manage to get graphic, ethernet, and wifi working but I can't seem to get the bluetooth to work.

I saw a few post back bluetooth seems to be an issue with 10.8 and later. Is there no workaround?

I have tried numerous kext suggested but none seems to work. Any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back