Contribute
Register

didii's Claire9 Haswell build: Asus Maximus VI Impact | i5-4670k | GTX 650 TI Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't be a problem for the installation, but you might not achieve full graphics acceleration in OSX. Well, at least for me.

Try these bootflags:
-x
IGPenabler=yes
PCRootUID=1

OK, im gonna try that.

I also found other people on this forum having HDMI video problems in the same part as me and they were running different boards but the same CPU. If those bootflags dont work I will try to return my i5 4440 for an i5 4670k and/or get a dedicated graphics card.

Thanks for all this help didii.

Aah, ic. Yeah give it a shot, man. I was gonna say to use dvi cable before. But i realised that our maximus impact doesnt have a dvi port. Loll:lol:

Anyways, let us know about the outcome. Who knows it might help the others too ^^

goodluck man, and no problem :thumbup:

Alright, I tried the boot flags and that didn't work.

I exchanged the i5 4440 for the i5 4670k and I still keep getting the same thing.

Just to make sure, are my CSM settings correct?

20140130_152209.jpg

Try to prioritise everything into legacy instead of UEFI. But i don't think it will affect the installation process.

Did you get your Mavericks.app from apple app store, btw? and what's your Impact's BIOS version?

It should've worked properly if you have followed the Unibeast guide.

Hmm, im still not sure what's the problem here :crazy:

I have just installed osx mavericks on my ssd but somehow I can't seem to get the EFI partition to boot osx. I followed the instructions on tony's guide carefully but can not get it right. When I try to boot without unibeast usb I get GPT error. I just have mavericks installed on the ssd. I want to get the EFI partition on ssd to boot chimera.:banghead:
Help please!!

Asus Maximus VI Impact
Core i7 4770k
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
Samsung 840pro 256gb
Evga GTX 780
Evga hadron

Did you get it to work? I have the exact same problem. I also do not have a dedicated graphics card. I tried -v and the problem is BootCacheControl : Unable to open.

I'm narrowing it down to it being an HDMI problem. unfortunately for me the ASUS Maximus VI Impact only has HDMI and Displayport. Has anyone tried to use the DisplayPort? Or is everyone that is using maximus vi impact going through a GPU?

can someone help me get passed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back