1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, i'm building my new PC, i'm going to write it here:
CPU: Intel i7 4790
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
GPU: GTX 760/770
PSU: Corsair CS650M
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2400 8 GB Kit (4x2)
SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120 GB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

I want to know if everything is ok for make OSX play on it, i really need for developing. And if is possible i want to make everything without a Mac for setup. Another thing, do you suggest to put Mac and Windows on the same drive or not? If not is your answer, how i go to select the OS at boot from two separated drives? Thanks for helping, please suggest Tutorial too, i'm really confused at this time, is the first time here, in past i've tryied (failing) with my laptop, and this time i really want to make it right!! Thanks to everybody!

Check out the Buyer's Guide for a complete list of compatible components. As a first build, Gigabyte Z87 boards are recommended as they work well. You will have to ensure it has the latest BIOS installed to use the 4790 though. The Z97 boards are known to have issues with audio and freezes. I can only imagine using an MSI board complicates things further.

Corsair RAM is also known to have issues, so Crucial and G Skill are recommended.

Everything else looks good.

You will need access to a Mac to create the installer using Unibeast.

It is recommended that you use two separate drives for each OS, one for Windows and one for OSX. Much easier if you have them on separate drives.

Follow the http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html to set up both OS on your machine.

Installation Guide is at the top of the page. Also suggest you search for a user build using the search function to find a guide which uses your exact components.

Good Luck! Be sure to post a User Build Guide of your own when you are done :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back