Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 9560, 960 Pro, DW1830 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow Rehabman's guide to create a USB installation key. once done, replace the clover folder on the USB's EFI partition with sbeanie's attached one from here. Then install as usual.
Thank you for your time and assistance.
I have installed sierra 10.12.5 after and upgrade to 10.12.6.
I'll try a new installation on my weekend free time.
Thank you so much.

Edited:

I have a running Sierra 10.12.6 system.
SSD: 960 Pro
WIFI: DW1830

Everything works, even Hot Plug with the Dell TB16 thunderbolt dock.

Using Knnspeeds latest smbios 14.3 and removed some obsolete kexts and using HackrNVMeFamily with spoof, aml file etc to get my 960 pro to work. I've attached my clover folder for those who needs it.

The thing is that I want to jump to High Sierra and know some of you with the same laptop as me have already.

• Did you upgrade to HS from Sierra or did you do a fresh install?
Allsop - I see that you have installed the DW1830 into your XPS 9560. I just purchased a DW1830 and am in the middle on installing it on the 9560. I am stuck on how and where I should install the 3rd Antenna for the 9560. Can you please tell me how you installed the third antenna on your unit? Did you have to do any soldering or modification to the the antenna module to get the 3rd antenna to fit?

Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Kane

@Allsop : Good to hear that the TB16 works. Can it even supply charging power to the XPS? A one cable charge/data solution would be awesome. Thanks!

Edited:

I have a running Sierra 10.12.6 system.
SSD: 960 Pro
WIFI: DW1830

Everything works, even Hot Plug with the Dell TB16 thunderbolt dock.

Using Knnspeeds latest smbios 14.3 and removed some obsolete kexts and using HackrNVMeFamily with spoof, aml file etc to get my 960 pro to work. I've attached my clover folder for those who needs it.

The thing is that I want to jump to High Sierra and know some of you with the same laptop as me have already.

• Did you upgrade to HS from Sierra or did you do a fresh install?

Last edited:
I have had no success on my dell xps 9360 for month. can someone help me out here what am I supposed to do... how do I stop the kernel panic

I have had no success on my dell xps 9360 for month. can someone help me out here what am I supposed to do... how do I stop the kernel panic

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, please fill out your profile as per FAQ (your profile does not have hardware details for a laptop... seems to indicate desktop).

I have nvme pc300 SK Hynix 1tb but diskutility doenst detect my nmve .. would you guys pls help

Lol....Now I’m stuck on programming this nvme patch, it is complicated but I am going to read over and over again
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back