Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 9560, 960 Pro, DW1830 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed this to create a HS USB. booting up install partition from USB using clover gives me CPU errors/Kernel Panics?

tried following bootflags with no success:
  1. nv_disable=1
  2. dart=0
  3. darkwake=1
  4. -disablegfxfirmware
using the config-sample.plist from the linked guide.

only kexts i'm trying are the FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

10.12.6 installs with no issues.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Followed this to create a HS USB. booting up install partition from USB using Clover_v2.4k_r4220 gives me CPU errors/Kernel Panics?

tried following bootflags with no success:
  1. nv_disable=1
  2. dart=0
  3. darkwake=1
  4. -disablegfxfirmware
using the config-sample.plist from the linked guide.

only kexts i'm trying are the FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

10.12.6 installs with no issues.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ublic-beta-install.226059/page-2#post-1551375

Didn't remove BGRT from DropTables since it wasn't in the config.plist to begin with.

Adding ACPI\DSDT\Fixes\FixHeaders_20000000\true got rid of the CPU error but still doesn't boot successfully to the installation.

gonna poke around a bit more. and will report back with all findings/errors

Didn't remove BGRT from DropTables since it wasn't in the config.plist to begin with.

Adding ACPI\DSDT\Fixes\FixHeaders_20000000\true got rid of the CPU error but still doesn't boot successfully to the installation.

gonna poke around a bit more. and will report back with all findings/errors

Sounds like you're not following the guide.
All the guide plists have FixHeaders=true.

Sounds like you're not following the guide.
All the guide plists have FixHeaders=true.

Literally the config.plist from the guide, can't find the FixHeaders=true in it.

If you're referring to the guide from azlvda's post, I haven't tried it yet.

followed your guide instead. no KP. but on to the next halt. F2 + F4 and clover folder attached.

Attachments

• 20170927_202634.jpg
    20170927_202634.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 128
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
Expecting has friends to release xps 15 9560 high sierra 10.13 installation guide.

My laptop configuration:
CPU:
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
GPU:
Intel HD Graphics 630/NVIDIA GTX 1050
RAM:
Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Storage:
Samsung PM961 512GB NVMe
Display:
4K Touch
Audio:
Realtek ALC298 (ALC3266 according to Dell)
Wireless:
Dell Wireless 1830 (DW1830)*
Battery:
97Wh (8.2Ah @ 12V)
Thunderbolt 3:
Intel JHL6240

Expecting has friends to release xps 15 9560 high sierra 10.13 installation guide.

My laptop configuration:
CPU:
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
GPU:
Intel HD Graphics 630/NVIDIA GTX 1050
RAM:
Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Storage:
Samsung PM961 512GB NVMe
Display:
4K Touch
Audio:
Realtek ALC298 (ALC3266 according to Dell)
Wireless:
Dell Wireless 1830 (DW1830)*
Battery:
97Wh (8.2Ah @ 12V)
Thunderbolt 3:
Intel JHL6240

Follow Rehabman's guide to create a USB installation key. once done, replace the clover folder on the USB's EFI partition with sbeanie's attached one from here. Then install as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back