Register

Dell XPS 9560, 960 Pro, DW1830 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited:

I have a running Sierra 10.12.6 system.
SSD: 960 Pro
WIFI: DW1830

Everything works, even Hot Plug with the Dell TB16 thunderbolt dock.

Using Knnspeeds latest smbios 14.3 and removed some obsolete kexts and using HackrNVMeFamily with spoof, aml file etc to get my 960 pro to work. I've attached my clover folder for those who needs it.

The thing is that I want to jump to High Sierra and know some of you with the same laptop as me have already.

• Did you upgrade to HS from Sierra or did you do a fresh install?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Thanks for your reply and I was expecting this particular answer.
I've followed your guide(s) with no dice, KNNspeeds guide installing Sierra works, not on my 960 Pro though.
That's why I'm turning to HS

Anyway, I'm only asking for help since I know there are users here with the same hardware as me running HS.

Thanks for your reply and I was expecting this particular answer.
I've followed your guide(s) with no dice, KNNspeeds guide installing Sierra works, not on my 960 Pro though.
That's why I'm turning to HS

Anyway, I'm only asking for help since I know there are users here with the same hardware as me running HS.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks again, appreciate the help, keep it up!

Seriously, I have a question for Dell XPS 9560 users running HS as you could read from my now 3 posts.

Seriously, I have a question for Dell XPS 9560 users running HS as you could read from my now 3 posts.

Not possible to diagnose any problem you may have without "Problem Reporting" files.
There are simply too many mistakes possible, that no one can begin to guess at which your mistake is.

First mistake is obvious looking at your profile: You have no information regarding the laptop you are asking about.
Please fix as per FAQ.

I see in the specifications of their laptop you have "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 4 GB GDDR5 SDRAM", is dedicated or is discrete graphics??? Please post ALL your hardware and configuration, this is the only way to help you !

Followed this to create a HS USB. booting up install partition from USB using Clover_v2.4k_r4220 gives me CPU errors/Kernel Panics?

tried following bootflags with no success:
  1. nv_disable=1
  2. dart=0
  3. darkwake=1
  4. -disablegfxfirmware
using the config-sample.plist from the linked guide.

only kexts i'm trying are the FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

10.12.6 installs with no issues.

Attachments

• 20170926_170555.jpg
    20170926_170555.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back