Intel Core i5-3570k
Graphics
Integrated 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, long story short, I received a Dell XPS 8920 from Dell for free. (They sent me three computers when I ordered two. The extra computer happened to be a close to fully spec'd out XPS. They didn't charge my credit card. I contacted them about the extra computer, but they haven't gotten back with me and it's been several weeks now...)

The parts are fairly standard: i7-7700, 16gb, Nvidia GTX 1070. From what I understand, Mac support has increased for non-Apple hardware. Is this correct? Does anyone have experience setting up the XPS 8920? Is it worth my time to try to go to the trouble of setting up the computer for Macintosh use? I currently have a 2012 27" iMac that works OK, but I wouldn't mind an upgrade (especially a free one). I use the computer for video editing, Adobe Lightroom, and basic graphic design.

I'd be interested in this as well, reading from the website it looks like the hardware is supported...

Any luck with this? I can't get to the install screen.

Thought id bump with my build to keep it moving and see if I can get some help:

i7-7700 Kaby lake, Geforce GT 1020, with 10.12.0 installed and working with GPU problems.
It refreshes screen when launched and GPU shows up Unknown. Nvidia web drivers installed, emulated64 through clover applied, everything else working good with the usual kexts: lilu, nvidiafixup, intelfixup, the RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0527 set, OS-X-USB-Inject-All-master, sounds fixed with VoodooHDA.kext, ethernet fixed with AtherosE2200Ethernet-master through multibeast, so the GPU is the only thing I can't get working.

Also tried a fresh install of 10.12.6 on separate ssd and never got it to boot all the way in without the usb. The install seems to recognize the CPU when set to 18,3.

if anyone has a config.plist, kext list, or just any ideas on the Dell XPS 8920 it would be appreciated.

Thought id bump with my build to keep it moving and see if I can get some help:

i7-7700 Kaby lake, Geforce GT 1020, with 10.12.0 installed and working with GPU problems.
It refreshes screen when launched and GPU shows up Unknown. Nvidia web drivers installed, emulated64 through clover applied, everything else working good with the usual kexts: lilu, nvidiafixup, intelfixup, the RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0527 set, OS-X-USB-Inject-All-master, sounds fixed with VoodooHDA.kext, ethernet fixed with AtherosE2200Ethernet-master through multibeast, so the GPU is the only thing I can't get working.

Also tried a fresh install of 10.12.6 on separate ssd and never got it to boot all the way in without the usb. The install seems to recognize the CPU when set to 18,3.

if anyone has a config.plist, kext list, or just any ideas on the Dell XPS 8920 it would be appreciated.

I was able to load 10.13 on the XPS 8910 and 8920. If you are using Samsung NVME you will need to update the bios to the newest version which is 1.0.10. I have attached my EFI folder that works for both systems.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 492
Last edited:
I was able to load 10.13 on the XPS 8910 and 8920. If you are using Samsung NVME you will need to update the bios to the newest version which is 1.0.10. I have attached my EFI folder that works for both systems.

Thanks so much! I thought I was doomed to no GPU! My computer will not boot off the 10.13 Unibeast USB. I've been trying different args and flags. Will update after successful high sierra install

Thanks so much! I thought I was doomed to no GPU! My computer will not boot off the 10.13 Unibeast USB. I've been trying different args and flags. Will update after successful high sierra install

Hey bro! I have the xps 8920 too! Did you get the hackintosh to run? I am having some problems in the MacOs installation...
Can you send here your BIOS configuration and the flags/args that you used??
Thanks!!

***The installation is crashing here
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-04 at 13.52.31.jpeg

** I am trying to install the MacOS Sierra and my GPU is the GT420. I couldn´t use the unibeast and multibeast so i am using the clover bootloader

Last edited:
The installation is crashing here
Add slide=0 kernel flag to the Boot Arguments in Clover's config.plist
Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clover's config.plist.

If that doesn't work, in addition to the above, try using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back