Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 8920 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
your crash indicates intel graphics issue but you are using ATI?

check your config.plist and make sure inject intel is disabled

Hi Guys,

I am new to this and i am trying to install Mojave into the XPS 8920. I can see the SSD in the screen but when i get to the Mojave installation the SSD is nowehere to be found. Any ideas how i can resolve this?

Apologies for the Noob question.

Regards

Hi Guys,

I am new to this and i am trying to install Mojave into the XPS 8920. I can see the SSD in the screen but when i get to the Mojave installation the SSD is nowehere to be found. Any ideas how i can resolve this?

Apologies for the Noob question.

Regards
Did you install hack? I cant do anything, i trying do with efi folder from this forum, but never load ,always reboot.

So, long story short, I received a Dell XPS 8920 from Dell for free. (They sent me three computers when I ordered two. The extra computer happened to be a close to fully spec'd out XPS. They didn't charge my credit card. I contacted them about the extra computer, but they haven't gotten back with me and it's been several weeks now...)

The parts are fairly standard: i7-7700, 16gb, Nvidia GTX 1070. From what I understand, Mac support has increased for non-Apple hardware. Is this correct? Does anyone have experience setting up the XPS 8920? Is it worth my time to try to go to the trouble of setting up the computer for Macintosh use? I currently have a 2012 27" iMac that works OK, but I wouldn't mind an upgrade (especially a free one). I use the computer for video editing, Adobe Lightroom, and basic graphic design.
Hello, did you install hack, i have the same px and grafix and never can load to installer, always rebooting.

Hi All,

I have managed to get the OS to install but the following still needs to be worked on.

I have managed to load the web drivers for the GTX1080 card but removing the inject Intel flag will cause the the system to abandon boot mid way. No luck trying to solve this yet. The drivers are loaded and they seem to work fine with the Nvidia manager appearing in the settings.

Graphics seems ok. except distortions to the top of safari when the mouse pointer moves over the tabs. Video playback is fine as is youtube.

FCPX does not work - apparently the graphics acceleration is not supported.

Any help to the above will be great. To those who want to install the attached EFI should help you get to where I am now.

Cheers

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.4 MB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Did you finish with install mac os? To make everything works fine?
I don't have a 8920 but I am assuming that it is very similar to 8930 except that you have 7th gen core processors while 8930 has 8th gen. I'd suggest for you to look at my guide for 8930 that may give you some insights or a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back