Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 18 - Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is kind of weird. For some reason your system won't work with X86PlatfromPlugIn. I'm not sure why. Post current ioreg and I'll take another look (check board-id, etc.) While you're at it, post your smbios.plist too.

Also:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplatform
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

To get PM, you could try using MacBookPro8,1 and change plugin-type to zero.

Attaching the requested files. I ended up having to install the generic text package from multi beast and the drivers for the wifi in order to get online to post them. No way to get the files from this computer to the windows computer here where I'm at.

Do I type the codes individually and then see what geek bench does to the pstates? or type them both then test geek bench?

Attachments

• SMBios.plist
    699 bytes · Views: 218
  • Elizabeth’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 67
Do I type the codes individually and then see what geek bench does to the pstates? or type them both then test geek bench?

The kextstat is just to see what versions of those kexts that you have installed.

Attaching the requested files. I ended up having to install the generic text package from multi beast and the drivers for the wifi in order to get online to post them. No way to get the files from this computer to the windows computer here where I'm at.

I have no idea why you're stuck at x8 and why Ivy PM seems to not work on your computer...

I would suggest you try MacBookPro8,1. Make sure to set plugin-type to Zero in your SSDT (so X86PlatformPlugin does not load).

The kextstat is just to see what versions of those kexts that you have installed.
ACPIPLATFORM
12 2 0xffffff7f81a58000 0x5f000 0x5f000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

APPLEINTELCPU
18 0 0xffffff7f818fe000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (216.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

24 0 0xffffff7f818f9000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (216.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

ACPIPLATFORM
12 2 0xffffff7f81a58000 0x5f000 0x5f000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

APPLEINTELCPU
18 0 0xffffff7f818fe000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (216.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

24 0 0xffffff7f818f9000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (216.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

Those are correct for 10.9.

I have no idea why you're stuck at x8 and why Ivy PM seems to not work on your computer...

I would suggest you try MacBookPro8,1. Make sure to set plugin-type to Zero in your SSDT (so X86PlatformPlugin does not load).

So the plan is, I need to move the SMBios.plist and SSDT to another folder and redo that part of the PM Process, only using MacbookPro8,1?

Do I just set "APSN" to '0'? Do I leave the first "Package (0x06) section alone and leave it there? Or do I take it out too just like the last time?

So the plan is, I need to move the SMBios.plist and SSDT to another folder and redo that part of the PM Process, only using MacbookPro8,1?

Do I just set "APSN" to '0'? Do I leave the first "Package (0x06) section alone and leave it there? Or do I take it out too just like the last time?

Start with the SSDT you have now and make changes...

With the i3, you can also just use GeneratePStates/GenerateCStates=Yes and no SSDT. Because the i3 has no turbo states, you don't gain much (if anything) using a custom SSDT. But yes, from what I remember about your SSDT, a Sandy Bridge version of the same other than plugin-type set to Zero instead of One. You could also remove the entire _DSM that sets plugin-type.

APSN would still be zero just as it is now.

I am running Geekbench and I'm not seeing any change. It's still stuck at 8. I havent made any changes to the SSDT.aml file. I will try to take out the _DSM section and see what it does.

I am running Geekbench and I'm not seeing any change. It's still stuck at 8. I havent made any changes to the SSDT.aml file. I will try to take out the _DSM section and see what it does.

That would be expected without changes to SSDT (x86platfromplugin still loading).

That would be expected without changes to SSDT (x86platfromplugin still loading).

Ok... I finally saw the "plugin-type" that you were referring to. Set to '0' or 'zero'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back