Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 L501X Waste of Money & Time ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
zibou76 said:
Hello,
I need help my webcam never turn on, lion 10.7.2 recognize it but it's never on.
Can someone help me please, i don't know how to use dsdt i just used the one here posted by vladlenas.

Thanks
I have a snapshot of system profiler showing it in.
Try it.

Attachments

• AnyiSightCam.kext.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 73
Hello, I've been trying to install Snow Leopard for a wile now. Before I found a link to Imonz tut I tried to install by myself using iboot. I managed to get osx installed on a partition but I could get it to boot after install. I went to go back to my win7 but I had a bot manager error that I fixed by using a linux live cd and changing the boot back into my system reserve partition and that fixed windows. Now that I have read through the tut and had everything ready I went for it. At first I had some kind of error with vlad's boot cd so I made a new copy and it booted, but when I try to load up the mac already installed mac or install fresh from cd it restarts my comp. I tried in iboot (v3.2.0) but I got as far as "Still waiting on root"or something. I waited over an hour with this message filling the screen when I gave up. I've tried different boot loaders, different os disks and no joy. I think I might try and wipe the entire drive and start fresh. Unless anyone has any ideas. Think Im going to watch a tv show or two and see if I get any replies, if not then wipe and try again :) Any I appreciate any help
I should note that I did take out one of the ram card making it 4 gigs and this is a dell xps 15 l50x1
same as whats posted on the tut i think

Finally figured out how to get osx installed. When I get to #14 on Imonz guide it never seems to work
I open Multibeast (first tried latest but went back to 3.3 cause of bootloader)
I install the 10.6.7 combo update
after update I go back into multibeast and install everything in the guide (evwerytime I get an installation error)

now #16-18 i think is where my problem is
it says
"16 - Install KextHelper b7 with all the kexts in the folder S / L / E.

17 - Copy and overwrite all files in the Extras folder inside the folder [YOUR HD] /Extras

18 - Repair permissions with KextUtility, cross your fingers and reboot."

The way I did this was I opened kexthelper, wentto Dell/Extensions & dragged all kexts into kexthelper (including the "ApplePS2" folder) and installed. Kext helper said it worked so I opened KextUtility and let it do its thing. After that I restart and boot into a panick

I installed one time ignoring steps 16-18. Had t type "pmVersion=0" but it would boot but had no sound and no real video support

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I know on step 16 says all the kexts in the folder S / L / E. What is S/L/E?

Why don't u install Lion ?

Guide said 10.6.7 works no problem. Idont need lion if I cant get it to work

How u so sure u can't get it to work ?

I dont, but doesnt it make since to have something to fallback on in case something goes wrong?

I think my only problem is Idk how to install those kexts proper. I thought I could click and drab all of them into kext helper

guys is there a way to disable internal display permanently?

i have dell xps 15 L501x

i can get retail to install but i am having trouble with the multibeast taking. i want to buy the lion osx but app store is installed on an update i believe and both 10.6.6 and 10.6.8 combo updates crashed system.

if i can get it updated... does app store recognize the L501X as an actual device? is it possible to update and install lion off app store?

Hello everyone,

Does anybody has a dsdt.aml for l501X - GT 420M ? I get stuck after booting (waiting for SDMOS....or wainting for root...)

If yes, I would highly appreciate that you post it :D

Thanks a lot

ps : attached my stock sdst.aml extracted from win7 with DSDTE
Tried some "-v GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=20 arch=i386 -x32" and i get stuck on boot as you can see on the image attached.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    40.6 KB · Views: 139
  • bootosx.jpg
    bootosx.jpg
    660.2 KB · Views: 285
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back