Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 15 L501X Waste of Money & Time ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
busratio is necesary for run osx in core i5, I install chameleon rc5 and kexts by kext helper.
The problem is the hibrid graphics in our laptop.the intel gma hd integrated and the nvidia 420M so chameleon for me cant boot.I waiting somebody more expert than me can install osx.Some guys in linux ambient can switch from a graphic card to the other maybe is possible put driver only for nvidia,I hope have soon good news bye

hi!

First of all thanks for "the enormous amount of answers". Are there any people who still has the hackintosh project?????

BTW, I succesfully created my DSDT.aml with DSDTSE for windows, I installed it, and I took a copy of it to the /Extra folder. Now in verbose boot the SL succesfully reads the DSDT.aml but I can't see any changes. I also tried to hack the Nvidia Card, now it realises that there is an Nvidia card but with 512MB memory (in reality it has 1GB) and I can't modify the 1024x768 resolution. I used this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=240901 but still needs some work.

Anybody had success with the Wifi card? And is it natural that the verbose boot takes around 2minutes? It's f*in slow.

Tom

Hello guys,
excuse my English, I'm an Italian boy.
I subscribed to the topic because I also own a Dell XPS 15 with i7-740M and GeForce 435M.
I managed to install a stable version of SL using the 10.6.6 DVD Retail iBoot SL + 2.5 Legacy. To start the installation I used the flags "-v busratio = 12 ", those who can not boot even try to use the flag "-x" as recommended by the guidelines on iBoot.
After installation I used the latest version of Chameleon and MultiBeast to install kext basic devices: fakesmc, USB3.0 and others.
I tried to use the latest version of VoodooHDA for audio, the devices work, but there is always an annoying background noise that make them unusable, does anyone have any other solution for this device (ALC665)?
The video card works fine thanks to DSDT.aml (generated with Everest under Windows and patched with DSDT Editor) combined with the NVidia update package found here on the site. Native resolution and QE / CI active.
I think the wifi card will never work, I tried to buy one which should be natively supported: Dell Wireless DW1520, about € 20 from UK. I am still waiting for it, when it comes I will let you know.
Regards.

iMonz said:
Hello guys,
excuse my English, I'm an Italian boy.
I subscribed to the topic because I also own a Dell XPS 15 with i7-740M and GeForce 435M.
I managed to install a stable version of SL using the 10.6.6 DVD Retail iBoot SL + 2.5 Legacy. To start the installation I used the flags "-v busratio = 12 ", those who can not boot even try to use the flag "-x" as recommended by the guidelines on iBoot.
After installation I used the latest version of Chameleon and MultiBeast to install kext basic devices: fakesmc, USB3.0 and others.
I tried to use the latest version of VoodooHDA for audio, the devices work, but there is always an annoying background noise that make them unusable, does anyone have any other solution for this device (ALC665)?
The video card works fine thanks to DSDT.aml (generated with Everest under Windows and patched with DSDT Editor) combined with the NVidia update package found here on the site. Native resolution and QE / CI active.
I think the wifi card will never work, I tried to buy one which should be natively supported: Dell Wireless DW1520, about € 20 from UK. I am still waiting for it, when it comes I will let you know.
Regards.
There is no such thing as 10.6.6 DVD Retail.

:oops:
Sorry,
you're right...
I mean I have installed SL 10.6.0 with the Retail DVD and than I updated it to 10.6.6 using ComboUpdate downloaded from Apple site. :p
From 10.6.0 to 10.6.6 directly.

Which version of iBoot have you used? v2.6?
I have successfully installed with iBoot v2.5 Legacy but I think you can install with v2.6 at all.
Try using flag PCIRootUID=1 as suggested into iBoot presentation page...so try to boot with all this flags: "-v -x busratio=12 PCIRootUID=1".
Boot with iBoot, at Chameleon prompt eject iBoot and insert Mac OSX Retail DVD, press F5, type the flags and than press Enter to begin the boot process.

Anyone have solution for Audio?

iMonz, I have the same issue with the sound.
In fact, this noise comes from the mic entry line. So you have to switch the sound from the mic, and the sound will be muted.
But I don't know why on booting up, the mic volume is set to top by default. So until the boot is not finished, you'll have this annoying sound.
But if anyone have an idea to switch off sound on boot, I'm here :)

And iMonz I'll be glad if you could send me your dsdt. Does the system detect 2Gb of VRAM for your video card ? And did you try to plugin an external screen ?

Hi gpz22,
you're right, I had the same issue with my last notebook, Samsung R560, using the same version of VoodooHDA(the last one)... on the Samsung I had to decrease the volume in of the line in...and than the noise ended. The same seems to be on this Notebook...the Voodoo PrefPane doesn't save the settings after any reboot...I don't know how to solve the problem.

I'm in office now, when I'll be home this evening I'll try to plugin an external monitor and I'll let you know. I'll attach my DSDT on that post.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back