CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried to follow any guide but I can't find the solution for two problems I have:
1) When waking up from sleep fans start spinning but the screen stays black.
2) I can adjust the brightness from the settings but not with F11 F12 pressing any of those keys (also F8) freezes the system.

I attach the problem reporting zip.

Attachments

• debug_26657.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 118
How can I find errors in my ACPI patches? How can I understand what kind of additional patches I should apply?

Start over and follow the ACPI guide linked.

Start over and follow the ACPI guide linked.
To me it seems that the hotpatches I have applied are all the suggested ones, I can't understand why you say my ACPI is not patched correctly. Moreover I installed ACPIDebug.kext and patched the DSDT to determine which methods correspond to the brightness keys, but as I said if I press the brightness keys F11/F12 the system freezes. I also tried other patches specific for Dell from the "Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control" guide but nothing worked.

Attachments

• debug_32631.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
To me it seems that the hotpatches I have applied are all the suggested ones, I can't understand why you say my ACPI is not patched correctly. Moreover I installed ACPIDebug.kext and patched the DSDT to determine which methods correspond to the brightness keys, but as I said if I press the brightness keys F11/F12 the system freezes. I also tried other patches specific for Dell from the "Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control" guide but nothing worked.

No need for SortedOrder. Remove.
SSDT-1.aml has no patches that are not already done in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches. Remove.
You have many patches in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches that do not apply to your ACPI set.
patched/DSDT.aml lacks even basic/common patches such as "OS Check Fix".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back