Contribute
Register

Dell Vostro 1520 - nVIDIA GeForce 9300m GS - Working Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally managed to get most hardware working on my Vostro 1520, my problem now is iCloud/facetime etc. Cannot login to any of them, in iCloud I get an "Apple ID is Valid but is not an iCloud account". Tried different fixes but nothing seems to work.

I have not been able to test this, but I´m pretty sure that the problem comes from my org.chameleon.boot.plist configuration where PCIRootUID is set to 0. I think if I could set this parameter to 1 iCloud issues would disappear, but if I do that the computer won´t boot.

Any workaround to the PCIRootUID=0 issue?
Do any of you guys have this same setting for PCIRootUID in your vostros?

Thanks

Time to bring back an old thread. Did you guys use a DSDT when installing Mountain Lion on the Vostro 1520?

Can you tell me a step by step of how you got it working? I can install it and boot into my install using UniBeast, but once I install chimera only via MultiBeast the computer won't boot get some gpt errors before the Chimera bootloader even shows up. Did you use a DSDT? And if you did can you share it with me? Thanks

I figured out how to get this card working in Mountain Lion:

Download the attached file (NVDANV50Hal.kext.zip) and extract it to S/L/E and replace the current one -- Repair Permissions, Reboot. You should have Native Resolution (1440x900) and full Acceleration in Mountain Lion for the nVIDIA GeForce 9300m GS (256MB).

You do not need any other Enablers except GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I'd recommend copying it to the UniBeast USB Stick installer in S/L/E (you will need to "Show All Files") -- Replace the one in there, Repair Permissions.
You should have the Native Resolution now when you load the Mountain Lion installer (you can tell it's working then).

When the installation completes you can boot normally without KP and the need to use -x (the NVDANV50Hal.kext is what was causing all the KP problems)

DO NOT remove the GeForce* kexts or NVDANV* kexts - I read this in other posts here and it will cause issues. Also, if you've been experimenting a lot already with different things I would probably recommend a fresh install anyhow (unless you can put all the original files back).

Again, this is for the Dell Vostro 1520 with the nVIDIA GeForce 9300m GS (256MB) graphics card. It may work in other laptops with this gfx card but I can't guarantee it. Make a backup of your original kext if you decide to try it...

Use MultiBeast to get Audio/Keyboard/Trackpad/Ethernet/Trim Support (SSD) working.

My Dell Vostro 1520:
-----------------------
128GB SSD
Blu-Ray RW
4GB RAM
nVIDIA GeForce 9300m GS
Core 2 DUO 2GHz
Dell Wireless 1510

GFX/Sound/WiFi/Ethernet all work in Mountain Lion. Card Reader does not (nothing new).

Please comment if it's working for you :)

Hello.
Thanks for this kext. I have a Dell Vostro 1520 and the kext works well with 10.8.0 but does not work with 10.8.3.
As I can modify the kext to work with 10.8.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back