Contribute
Register

Dell Studio XPS 1645

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony, I am at the Multibeast stage. What DSDT should I select for my PM55 board?

Was also wondering, cos I am having to boot with -x all the time, if you have a Multibeast and P55 boot CD with PCEFI 10.6. I have been reading about 10.6 and ATI 46xx support but my eyes are glazing over... :lol: :crazy: :oops:

ellnic said:
Was also wondering, cos I am having to boot with -x all the time, if you have a Multibeast and P55 boot CD with PCEFI 10.6. I have been reading about 10.6 and ATI 46xx support but my eyes are glazing over... :lol: :crazy: :oops:

I'm really quite flabbergasted that you got your i7 going with the original P55BootCD. Incredulous even. Wow.

Ok, well if you've got MultiBeast, you should download the 10.6.2 Combo Updater too.
1. Open Both installers
2. Apply the 10.6.2 combo update
3. Run EasyBeast 10.6.2 Unsupported + Disk Utilities
4. Open MultiBeast again- if you can
5. Run PC-EFI 10.6
6. Reboot

Good luck!

Well that's just it... I had the combo updater on standby for some time in preparation for doing just that but the laptop when booted in safe boot won't seem to accept a sodding CD or my key drive. Turns out that it will only take a HFS+ formatted key drive (InstallDisk to the rescue!) so I have managed to update now.

There is also the element of 'lack of sleep and long day' that may have been contributing to any 'eh?' moments.

The fact that you are totally gob smacked that the original disk worked is making me doubt that it is the one that I said it is. I downloaded quite a few of your disks in preparation (and for various other comps to test) and I am starting to think that it may be an iBoot one instead. I may have to take an MD5 hash of it later to make sure... :think:

At the moment I'm attempting to deal with a black screen. The combo update and multibeast are done, and I'm booting with -x but I can't see a thing after the point where I would have got to the desktop.

Yes. Only into VGA though.

I don't have a HDMI or Graphics port cable and adaptors.

I'll try that now.

Made no difference... the VGA monitor went black too.

I have screwed something up here haven't I? :p

tonymacx86 said:
I'm really quite flabbergasted that you got your i7 going with the original P55BootCD. Incredulous even. Wow.

The disk I used was:

PCEFI 10.5
Chameleon v2.0-RC3 r
Build Date: 2009-12-08 18:01:05

I don't know if this is an iBoot one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back