Contribute
Register

Dell Studio XPS 1645

Status
Not open for further replies.
ellnic said:
tonymacx86 said:
I'm really quite flabbergasted that you got your i7 going with the original P55BootCD. Incredulous even. Wow.

The disk I used was:

PCEFI 10.5
Chameleon v2.0-RC3 r
Build Date: 2009-12-08 18:01:05

I don't know if this is an iBoot one?

I take it that's info from the Chameleon screen? That really only tells me that it's using the same cdboot file that the original one used. No worries- if you can, mount the cd and let me know what it's labeled in OS X.

If you do a reinstall, use the iBoot PC-EFI 10.6 version- it may work better. Also try some of the other ATI iBoot options. ;)

It is: "tonymacx86-P55BootCD"

I've already reinstalled using this disk. Just doing the Combo updater then will do the Multibeast. I think I screwed up the PCEFI 10.6 part last time round.

ellnic said:
It is: "tonymacx86-P55BootCD"

I've already reinstalled using this disk. Just doing the Combo updater then will do the Multibeast. I think I screwed up the PCEFI 10.6 part last time round.

Well I guess that means that your processor doesn't need any busratio flags. Good into to know! Wonder if it can run the vanilla kernel- that would be a trick. :crazy:

Do you mean this?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=197&start=0

I'm not sure which one I should grab - any recommendations?

EDIT:

Infact - I did try one of these last night.

iBoot-ATI - Confirmed ATI 4850 will not work. It gave the distorted screen without -x.

The reason I didn't have many disks left, however, that has been remedied :p

ellnic said:
Do you mean this?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=197&start=0

I'm not sure which one I should grab - any recommendations?

The PC-EFI test version- apparently netkas has enabled 46xx cards by default- I'll spin a few others if you can't get these going, but if you've used the original boot CD with success, there's no reason to use anything else other than enabling graphics, sound, ethernet for the install- although you probably won't have that with your Dell board.

Worth a test though! ;) :clap:

I think I'm going blind. I was looking at the ATI list above that. :oops:

I've just tried this, but it hangs on VoodooHDA without -x, so I guess we won't know. :crazy:

Ok...

So I am trying to figure out this black screen.

I've booted using -x -v and watched closely to see if it happens at any one extension etc. It looks like it happens after "DSMOS has arrived". I get a flicker of the grey boot screen and then black. I do not have a DSDT in, and the system has been patched with the 10.6.2 unsupported after using the combo installer.

On the upside, "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" seems to work fabulously until it goes blank.

*Feeling like a right n00b...*

So did you apply PC-EFI 10.6? If so, try typing

-pci1 GraphicsEnabler=y

if that doesn't work, try

-pci0 GraphicsEnabler=y

Netkas has some alternate commands for PC-EFI 10.6 than we use on RC4.

Ah. I was trying GraphicsEnabler=yes

I used the Multibeast to add PCEFI 10.6 directly after using it to install 10.6.2 unsupported - I'm not entirely sure if it worked though, does PCEFI have your Apple logo on it? Or is this still Chameleon.... :\

-pci1 GraphicsEnabler=y hangs at DSMOS has arrived, but I could restart using Apple-Alt-Powerbutton (I have my old Blue and White G3 Keyboard plugged in and built in will not work for now).

-pci0 GraphicsEnabler=y goes black.

Hm.. I have just noticed that it says this: FakeSMC: key info not found MSDS, length 6. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back