GTX 460M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone.

Ok - so it looks like I've finally settled on this.

Studio XPS 1645
Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 720QM (1.60Ghz, 6MB cache)
PM55 Chipset
Black Leather back cover : 15.6" (inch) Truelife 1080p Full HD WLED Edge to Edge Display
8192MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x4096]
320GB (7,200rpm) Free Fall Sensor Hard Drive
9-cell 85Whr Lithium Ion battery
DVD +/- RW Drive
1GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 4670 graphics card
Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card (802.11 b/g)
Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module
Backlit Keyboard
2MP Integrated Camera

Old order canceled, new EDD is 11th March - but things should move more quickly, as this was placed with a rep as opposed to online (apparently online orders are lower priority - which figures :rolleyes:).

It would be worth noting that it looks like these models shipped with the 90W power supply have a throttling issue (Google "Dell Throttling Issue"). It looks like this can be fixed with a 130W power supply which they will provide if you ask.

I'm pretty pleased with this all in all... the full works, and a GPU that supports QE/CI?? :p

Dude... Glad you got this whole thing sorted. I think you'll be happy with that!

Attachments

• dell dude1.jpg
    dell dude1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,159
Thanks guys :)

I was gobsmacked to find this one with 8GB of RAM in it.

It was £999 with 4GB or £1079 with 8GB... o_O

I'm also very glad that is has the 4670 in it.

@thelostswede: Yes - I realise my budget idea went out the window. But looking at the positive side of things - it's an awesome spec and my mate only lives over the road - it's not exactly an issue to go and get it :) When my mate gets a netbook or whatever, I'll pay the other half in a few months.

Whoop Whoop ! :mrgreen:

I think it's more of a "Congrats! You made up your sodding mind!" :lol:

:angel: the time is appreciated ;)

Btw, I just checked the status of the order expecting to see Order Confirmed or Work In Progress and it's this:

Order Status: In Production

Holy crap that was quick. I only ordered it this time yesterday! The payment hadn't even been taken on the first 2 (website) orders by this point!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back