Contribute
Register

Dell Studio XPS 1645

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. :(

It's been in the country since Wednesday, so if it's not delivered today I'll be disappointed.

If it was coming via UPS it might actually be here by now.

It's taking longer to deliver than it was to build. o_O

According to the couriers website:

Date Time Location Activity
03/03/10 16:23 WWI - HINCKLEY ORDER COMPLETE IN HUB.

This is the last entry. So it's near Birmingham. It's also says:

"Carrier will phone customer to arrange suitable delivery date"

What? NO. Just deliver the mofo. Needless to say, I have had no such call. Can't get hold of the courier on the phone either. :thumbdown:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but it reminds me of all my dealings with couriers when I lived in the UK, they all suck to various extents. At one of my jobs we had this guy that used come an deliver stuff intoxicated until the day my boss saw a six pack in his van and he got the guy fired...
Not to mention all the stuff that got "lost". Or the delivery guy that "dropped" some boxes on the ground as he tried to get something out further back in the van and then promptly "dropped" those up a set of stairs... :problem: :evil:

Some people....

Yeah I can imagine.

Check this out: http://www.syncreon.com

I just phoned the depot in Hinkley and was told to call the call center... don't think so... i've tried calling 3 times in 3 days. No answer each time. Not much of a call center. I left my number. I doubt they'll call me back though.

For me, this is actually enough of a reason not to use Dell again in the future. Crappy courier who doesn't deliver and you can't get hold of? I wonder what they paid for this premium delivery service? Bargain.

Realistically, I don't think I'll be seeing this until next week. :(

Never even heard of that courier, used to deal with ShityLink and the likes...

Dell used to use good couriers, never had a problem with deliveries from them, but alas, it looks like things have changed and not for the better mind you.

@thelostswede: You're right there... ShittyLink are awful. What's concerning is that I used to work with a chap who was once a courier. The stories he used to tell. Like if something says "FRAGILE" they will play football with it. Makes you wonder where your £15 is going for that caring delivery service.

@adamsmasher: No, they won't talk to me. lol. I have to ring the call center - oh, which by the way won't answer my calls. 6 calls at 15 minutes a time then I hung up. 10p a min, that makes it about £9 of calls for sod all.

I eventually got a reply to an email I sent to [email protected] and they just referred me to Dell. I'd like to know why it's called customer care. Surely it would be more fitting if it were [email protected] :lol:

I have emailed my account manager.

What a joke. :rolleyes:

Wow. Sounds like we're lucky over here with FedEx and UPS, not to mention the good ol USPS.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back