Contribute
Register

Dell Precision Fixed Workstation T3600 Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
How are you doing with this?

Im giving it a go right now. Weirdness with the bootloader/MultiBeast, but I was able to install 10.9 thus far. I'm only a couple hours in. Don't really know my way around that well, but not quite a newb either.

What settings did you use in the BIOS in order to make the dell t3600 open the unibeast boot thumb drive? For me it says selected boot device failed.

How are you doing with this?

Im giving it a go right now. Weirdness with the bootloader/MultiBeast, but I was able to install 10.9 thus far. I'm only a couple hours in. Don't really know my way around that well, but not quite a newb either.

How did you manage to install on the Dell t3600. I cant get MacOS to install, I get the Error Loading Kernel Cache (0x9) I have been trying for weeks on mine:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/error-loading-kernel-cache-0x9.246294/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-precision-t3600-workstation.241886/

tokaitalbo I have a t3600 have el cap on mine the only thing that is not so well is my GPU I have an NVIDIA GTX 970 and its fps on Cinebench is about 30fps. otherwise everything works great.
How did you manage to install MacOS on your Dell t3600. Did you use any Boot args or special kexts? What kind of problems did you encounter. I have been trying for weeks now and am still stuck at
Error Loading Kernel Cache (0x9)

Please help im going a bit crazy over it.

I put in the 0x0306C000 and it hangs at +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
across half of the screen.
I did see a guy on eBay.uk that was selling a hackintosh with El Capitan and Sierra Dual boot using a Dell T3600.
I sent him a message to see if he would reveal how he got it to work. I also found a guy on the OSX86 site that got a Dell T3500 to work but I tried his method and it did not work either. I may be stuck making this a Linux box.
Did you get an answer from him about how the guy from ebay did it?

Hi all,

Using the npci=0x3000 option and checking the dell bios option, i was able to install osx to my ssd. Rebooted, completed installation, but now it just gives the cancel symbol after the apple logo.

After installing from the usb, I boot from the SSD and with -v argument I get the following:
"does printf work?" and that's it. nothing else on the screen.

I cannot get the machine to boot into osx. it installed, but won't boot.. any tips? advice? I was able to get the following errors.. View attachment 311443
Isn't this because you have to add npci=0x3000 as a permanent boot arg using the "clover configurator" app (which is a seperate app from Clover itself)?

Have you gotten sleep to work properly? My T3600 sleeps properly but when I wake up the computer turns on with fans spinning and the screen is dark and the keyboard/mouse do not work.

Sleep works fine for me so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back