Contribute
Register

Dell Precision 5510 (Almost same as xps 15 9550) Corrupts disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's corrupted again. I think it got corrupted when I let it sleep. The shut down/turn back on, restart didn't seem to break it.
I once closed the lid for an hour, then shut down and when I wanted to turn it on, didn't have the option to start the system at hackintosh. Only the recovery was available.
Can the power management cause this problem? Or it must be the nvme patch?

It's corrupted again. I think it got corrupted when I let it sleep. The shut down/turn back on, restart didn't seem to break it.
I once closed the lid for an hour, then shut down and when I wanted to turn it on, didn't have the option to start the system at hackintosh. Only the recovery was available.
Can the power management cause this problem? Or it must be the nvme patch?

Many problems were identified in post #18. I have no idea whether you addressed them or not.

If you wish to isolate NVMe vs. other problems, install a non-NVMe SSD and test.

Moved all the kexts that were previously at clover to s/l/e with kext wizard and I think I managed to implement the power management too.

I attached the current version of the system with everything you requested previously.

The only thing I haven't touched is the acpi, previously I mentioned that I was using a chinese guide but I was using that with the same guide as you linked. Could you give any hint what's wrong with it? Because I think I followed it.

gg07 is me too.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Moved all the kexts that were previously at clover to s/l/e with kext wizard and I think I managed to implement the power management too.

I attached the current version of the system with everything you requested previously.

The only thing I haven't touched is the acpi, previously I mentioned that I was using a chinese guide but I was using that with the same guide as you linked. Could you give any hint what's wrong with it? Because I think I followed it.

gg07 is me too.

The dynamic SSDTs in ACPI/patched should not exist (already mentioned).
Try a non-NVMe SSD.

What do you mean by 'dynamic' ssdt? I patched those as the guide said.

Hm so those that have an x at the end. Should I remove those? ssdt-9x to 15x?

So ideally only the dsdt.aml, ssdt-0 to 8 and 16-18 should be in the patched folder, right?

What do you mean by 'dynamic' ssdt?

Your question is answered in the guide.

Note: Those SSDTs are not even loading since they are not listed in SortedOrder. But that is a "good thing"...

hm so ideally everything should be working now, shouldn't it? Interesting thing's if you open the file that I saved from ioregistryexplorer. I noticed that certain rows were added while the window was open. And they turned from green to red.

hm so ideally everything should be working now, shouldn't it?

That can only be discovered by testing. It is still unknown if your SSD is compatible.

Interesting thing's if you open the file that I saved from ioregistryexplorer. I noticed that certain rows were added while the window was open. And they turned from green to red.

Yes, new nodes are green, and removed nodes are shown in red. Nodes come and go when you attach and detach devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back