Contribute
Register

Dell Precision 15 5000 Series (5510)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Daniel, I was curious and had a few questions about your hackintosh install

1). Were you able to install Windows and Mac on the same hard drive? If so, did your NVMe drive give you any issues?
2). If above question is yes, did you install Mac, followed by Windows?

Look forward to your response! I have a similar system, and did not want to lose the large battery or the ability to boot into Windows.

Windows dual boot is covered in the guide (post #2):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hi,all
Thank you all for helping.
For this thread.Something to explain:
1 Now my Precison 5510 works with Mac OS 11.12 pretty well, although a few issues.
2 Before your starting ,please refer to Darkhandz's GitHub:https://github.com/darkhandz/XPS15-9550-Sierra
3 The issue of not finding the nvme disk proved to be the sample model of toshiba nvme ssd.After replaced with sansang PM961,and with the method provided by RehabMan,installation of mac os 11.12 goes well.
4 Usb-C interface can works well ,in fact,'m using a usb-c interface giga-nic.
5 Clover files please refer to attachment.Also for 11.13,I suggest to have a look of darkhanz's blog or GitHub.
Thanks a lot,espacially to RehabMan,for your much, much of patience.
Best wishes~~

Attachments

• archive.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 155
Hi, guys! USB-typeC working properly? I want to connect my external FireWire audio card via Apple USB_C ->Thunderbolt2 -> FireWire.
Type-C can used as usb, it's very certain.As your need,I think you can think of using a usb audio card, and a Type-C usb hub.

I have the Dell Precision 5510, it has the XEON E3-1505M, the NVidia Quadro M1000, 32GB RAM, FHD Screen, 500GB M.2 SSD (Non-NVMe) and 500GB SSD SATA, I changed the WiFi card to the Dell 1560 which is supposed to be the best WiFi for Hackingtosh.

Overall, this is the perfect laptop hardware wise, coming from the Macbook Pro 13....

I have tried a few times to install OSX on it following the guide above, I'm getting further and further but not completely installed yet, right now it gets me to right after the bluetooth and then the screen gets all blurry and the install stops. I'm too busy to try ATM, as soon as things slow down, I'm giving it a good try and hope to get it.
Could you get me the drivers for the keyboard, touchpad, wifi m.2 card, and the thunderbolt drivers?? I really need them.
much appreciated :smile:

I have exact same machine. Did you Got the 5510 to work? If you did can you tell me how? I get he "No Entry" symbol after the able load bar is about 75 of the way. I am trying to load Mojave.

I have the Dell Precision 5510, it has the XEON E3-1505M, the NVidia Quadro M1000, 32GB RAM, FHD Screen, 500GB M.2 SSD (Non-NVMe) and 500GB SSD SATA, I changed the WiFi card to the Dell 1560 which is supposed to be the best WiFi for Hackingtosh.

Overall, this is the perfect laptop hardware wise, coming from the Macbook Pro 13....

I have tried a few times to install OSX on it following the guide above, I'm getting further and further but not completely installed yet, right now it gets me to right after the bluetooth and then the screen gets all blurry and the install stops. I'm too busy to try ATM, as soon as things slow down, I'm giving it a good try and hope to get it.
Hi jhonyo! Did you managed to get your Precision 5510 working on Catalina? I have the exact same model as you do.
It would be great to have a guide!

This is great man! Did you install Catalina on your precision? If so, could you share your config.plist and if possible, a guide of what you did to get all working?
attach images for my dell type-c lan card, if someone need it..
05530bea-c932-11e6-8ac3-3c7f6c06a82a.png

1a4ede20-c932-11e6-8f35-395df7023653.png

Hi RehabMan, help me please!!!
I have a big problem with my Precision 5510 (i7 6820HQ)
This is the situation:
El Capitan 10.11.6
1. Laptop starts but I have no video acceleration (ioreg 1)
2. Laptop starts, black internal monitor but via HDMI I have full acceleration! (ioreg 2)

I have performed many test to fix this problem but I have not success!!!
Hi! I was wondering if you installed Catalina on your machine.

Hi to everyone! After many attempts, I finally was able to install Catalina on my Precision 5510.
I have just booted for the first time, and it is really exciting!
I still have to work to get the WIFI, audio and brightness controls, but I'm getting there!

Thanks a lot to all the ones that have been sharing your knowledge around, especially to RehabMan. The guides you have put together are amazing!

I'll keep you posted on my advances with this. :D

Hello world!

I'm quite new to Hackintoshing, but I'm really interested to try out MacOS! I've spent days on the inter webs researching and learning all that I can! So forgive me if I'm wrong or act stupid

I really need some quick help here though...

I want to try out Catalina, but couldn't really find an EFI for our 5510 online for it. As much as I'd love to, I don't have the skill level (yet!) to completely setup my own EFI :(

So I found Soulomoon's Mojave EFI on GitHub, so that's what I've tried.

I used gibMacOS to download Mojave, and used it's makeinstall.bat to flash MacOS and Clover onto my USB!
I then copied Soulomoon's 5510 Clover folder onto my USB.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to boot into the Mojave installer, I just ended up with verbose boot spitting a ton of errors.

I can't seem to figure out exactly what's going wrong, but I removed a TON of Kexts, with just the bare essentials, and it booted into the installer! But, neither Wi-Fi, Ethernet nor USB tethering from my phone work, so I couldn't actually install MacOS lol.

Even though everything was broken in the installer, I can't explain the excitement I had haha.

Could someone please share their EFI folder for either Mojave or Catalina? I'd really appreciate any help!
Thanks in advance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back