Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 7020/9020 using OpenCore + Intel HD4600 or AMD graphics

I have 2 9020 MTs that I set up for dual boot a couple years ago. I have not touched any of the setup since but I want to try to get dual display on both. I saw a YouTube where the guy plugged in the bottom DP then let it start to boot. When it was booting he plugged in the top DP and had dual display. I cannot get that to work at all and that's going to be a PAIN for my teen daughter. Does anyone have dual display working and might be able to point me in the right direction?

I have 2 9020 MTs that I set up for dual boot a couple years ago. I have not touched any of the setup since but I want to try to get dual display on both.
Using Clover or OpenCore ? Which macOS version is installed ?

Hi everyone.
I run Big Sur 11.6.1 (20G224) and want to move to Monterey. What's the safest and easiest way to upgrade? I can try to do a clean install but there is some stuff I have to reinstall.

What's the safest and easiest way to upgrade? I can try to do a clean install but there is some stuff I have to reinstall.
What version of OC bootloader are you using with Big Sur ? Which SMBIOS ?

I run Big Sur 11.6.1 (20G224) and want to move to Monterey.
It may be best to update to 11.7.1 first before attempting Monterey.

Last edited:
What version of OC bootloader are you using with Big Sur ? Which SMBIOS ?
Well, I started with this, wanted to update bootloader first, I dont know what version it is but must be old as I havent updated for nearly a year.
To updated it , I downloaded latest OC version and I opened my EFI folder and started to replace files
Did
BOOTx64.efi
OpenCore.efi
OpenCanopy.efi
and realised not all files in my EFI folder exist in the latest version of OC boot loader update folder.
For example my EFI -> Tools have modGRUBShell.efi but there is no such file in the folder I use to update.
I guess I messed again.

To update it , I downloaded latest OC version and I opened my EFI folder and started to replace files
You did make a copy of your original EFI folder first right ?

I run Big Sur 11.6.1 (20G224) and want to move to Monterey.
It may be best to update to the latest Big Sur 11.7.1 first before attempting Monterey.

I guess I messed again.
If you are still using iMac15,1 SMBIOS know that it won't work with Monterey. You'd need to use something like Macmini7,1 which is supported.

You did make a copy of your original EFI folder first right ?

It may be best to update to the latest Big Sur 11.7.1 first before attempting Monterey.
No I did not. I messed. I guess I am too old for this thing. Whenever I try to update I mess and try to remember what I needed to do and dig the internet and wait for rescue (you and other members generously provide which I am grateful)
I still have the original installation USB somewhere I guess
I am scared to even restart the computer as it will fail to boot

If you are still using iMac15,1 SMBIOS know that it won't work with Monterey. You'd need to use something like Macmini7,1 which is supported.
Yes it must be

Back