Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell Optiplex 7020 - 4K monitors on Intel 4600 Integrated GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know the feeling. post the .efi file and Ill try.

Everyone here experiences 'That feeling', part of the Hackintosh process.

Attachments

• Section_PE32_image_Setup_SetupPrep_body.efi
    133.4 KB · Views: 68
just to say - I get the same problem - wont be able to look again till lunchtime. Maybe try the UEFItool extract and ifrextract on windows - sry Im sure you are just as capable of guessing

Ok seems to be a problem with the file produced by UEFITool - I followed instructions except selected a bit more of the tree going up a bit selecting the 'Setup' branch that includes our bit and exported that then used 'universal ifr extractor-0.7.exe to convert to text.
Edit: and that worked.

Attachments

• Universal IFR Extractor-0.7.zip
    273.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Monitor arrived - plugged it in, got 4k. Sending machine to sleep and waking up works with both 4k and standard monitor - both on DP.

Last edited:
Monitor arrived - plugged it in, got 4k. Sending machine to sleep and waking up works with both 4k and standard monitor - both on DP.
Excellent to hear. Is it a 4K PC monitor with DP input or a 4K television ? Verified that you're getting 60 Hz ?

@trs96 - Monitor - Got a Dell based on price and that I might need 2 of them. Looks lovely but not sure if Im keeping it - 16x9 aspect ratio is not my fave.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 12.43.18.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 12.43.18.png
    895.9 KB · Views: 99
Looks lovely but not sure if Im keeping it - 16x9 aspect ratio is not my fave.
You've also got a 24 inch monitor at a 16 x 9 ratio. Those make the text really small unless you can scale it to something that's readable. Seems that the 27" 4k monitors are the sweet spot. I might even get a 32" for video editing in FCP X but I'm not completely sold on that yet. This whole build was originally about 4K on macOS on a budget. Once you add in a 3-400 dollar 4K monitor the numbers add up. Now that we've got 4K/60 with HD4600 that helps keep the costs lower.

@craighazan - Any progress? - I amended my earlier post (forgot to say extracting to efi higher up the tree, worked).
If you post the BIOS dump you got with Bios Backup Toolkit (I cant extract it) I'll try moving this forward.
(The thing is - I think I know the numbers but we should check)

Last edited:
You've also got a 24 inch monitor at a 16 x 9 ratio. Those make the text really small unless you can scale it to something that's readable. Seems that the 27" 4k monitors are the sweet spot. I might even get a 32" for video editing in FCP X but I'm not completely sold on that yet.
Scaling seems fine but I work on several .doc's at a time so like to have two on a screen and like the extra leg room of the taller aspect ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back