Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Dell Optiplex 7020 - 4K monitors on Intel 4600 Integrated GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, small update. both Dell's have stetted DVMT for 0x03 (96mb) but still I can't make them work with 4K...

Did you do this step ? The Framebuffer for Coffee Lake is (AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer) different for your newer Intel Graphics. You should research that to see what you'll need. This is for HD4600.

A. Go into Clover Configurator and add the entry into Kexts to patch.
Add a line to Kexts to patch with the following details

Name:
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Find:
0300220D 00030303 00000002 00003001

Replace:
0300220D 00030303 00000004 00000003

Last edited:
yeah, i have a different framebuffer (UHD 620 in Latitude 7490 and UHD 630 in Optiplex 5060, so this not working

ok, again small update. It seems to both dell's have now over 2000mb VRAM, but still in system report max resolution is 1920 x 1080... Some ideas why?? Both of those graphic chips definately can run on 4K ( checked at Intel ARK, on windows I can have a 4K res)... Since because on Optiplex problem can make an adapter DP to HDMI (can be cheap ****, but on windows working that way), I ordered a bit expensive DP 1,4 to HDMI 20 2 meters cable. But still whats going on with the laptop??

Attachments

• mac mini.png
    mac mini.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 94
  • mac pro 13.png
    mac pro 13.png
    236.8 KB · Views: 90
I dont have a DP port in my philips tv. It is a 4k tv for sure, like I said on windows it works with that connector, but I can understand that macOS can refuse to work with a cheap things...heh, when I connect my tv to laptop, i have an option to change for 4K res, but then i get black screen and tv says "unsupported video format". I will get stupid now... on windows I can change it normally without any problems...what is going on...

I'd find a 4k monitor with dp in and test with a dp cable before going any further. The result of that test might point you in the right direction.

I dont have a DP port in my philips tv. It is a 4k tv for sure, like I said on windows it works with that connector, but I can understand that macOS can refuse to work with a cheap things...heh, when I connect my tv to laptop, i have an option to change for 4K res, but then i get black screen and tv says "unsupported video format". I will get stupid now... on windows I can change it normally without any problems...what is going on...
The best way to get a DP to HDMI adapter (4K/60) to work on a Mac/Hack is with an active adapter. That usually works with graphics cards but I'm not sure it will with Intel HD igfx. Most people use this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S0C7QO8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
ohhh, i forgot to mention... I'm also using Dell D600 docking station, I was trying also to connect HDMI cable to HDMI port at dock station, and it was the same, unsuppotred video format, but when I connect this cable thru DP to HDMI connector, thru dock station DP, i get 4K res on tv and 1080 on built in display... so I believe that thing with laptop is solved. now question what about a optiplex... maybe a cable I ordered will be the solution. but stil why this cable working on laptop and not on optiplex..

@nicksoph I will try to go tomorrow to a local computer store and would ask them if they will able to test it witf DP cable and 4K monitor
@trs96 i will wait till this cable will come from china distribution center (UGREEN, they make usualy very good quality cables and chargers). Then I will see how it will work, and tomorrow I'll try to test optiplex in thelocal computer shop.

Edit: I just checked, and I still cannot play 4K videos on YT on laptop, even if tv has 4K res settled... thats weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back