Register

Solved > Dell Optiplex 7020 - 4K monitors on Intel 4600 Integrated GPU

Motherboard
Optiplex 7040
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
HD530
@li3p Thanks for getting the first of these working. I have 2 4k monitors working beautifully following your instructions. There are other issues with these machines which may impact HDMI working and those who have tried HDMI have reported problems (and never 4k resolution) but the details of what sorts of hdmi setups work are vague and I have not tried to find out.
It seems the default settings are not dependent on the bios and machines can have different uefi settings independent of bios version. And as you say the default for cfg lock is 1 but mine and others had it set to 2 - which is not an option in the valid options list!
The biggest issue to making these perfect is finding a way to turn off "Enable Legacy Roms" and if you have any ideas about that...

Thank you again, your first post was a great step forward.
No, @nicksoph, I should THANK you for making a simple post of me into this detailed guide, it was you helped more people to implement their own wonderful 4K Hackintosh , and saved their a lot of Googling time.

And I am also very eager to solve the "Enable Legacy Roms" problem. Hope you can make a progress on this some day.Good Luck!

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU
I7 4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Does anyone update to Catalina(10.15)?
I have updated to Catalina last night, everything seems ok except that the 4K doesn't work anymore.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF
CPU
I7 4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
It works after I updated whatever green and lilu to the latest version.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7020 SFF-A18
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
iMac
I was able to make this work on my LG 24" 4K Model 24UD58.
A few notes.
* both CFG Lock and DVMT Pre-Allocated were 0x1 before the changes were made.
* To increase video memory to 2GB, I have to use method A, manually changing config.plist as I don't find any "PciRoot(...) entries under "Devices" showing in method B picture.
* my Apple magic mouse and keyboard were paired with Asus bt dongle. It stopped functioning after the changes were made. I then shutdown the machine, disconnect the dongle, restart the machine, plug the dongle back. Mouse and keyboard work again.

The pictures on the LCD monitor are nicer, and the texts are much more clear. I salute to you all who contribute to the instructions.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I'd also like to thank @li3p and @nicksoph for working on and figuring out this 4K via HD4600 method for the Haswell Optiplex line. This guide is very clear and well written so that anyone who follows it carefully should be successful.

I've still not upgraded to 4K yet as my excellent 1080p monitors are too new and work too well to upgrade at this point. This will help a lot of people get the benefits of higher resolution monitors without spending hundreds extra for AMD Polaris graphics cards. I've got this one bookmarked for when I finally do go to 4K monitors.