Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a lot of things to fix the 7MB VRAM issue.
Desktop HD4600 requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0
- BIOS DVMT-prealloc 64mb
- digital connection to your monitor (VGA not supported)
- VT-d disabled or use dart=0

THIS finally solved my 7MB VRAM issue. I did not found the 64mb prealloc in the Dell UEFI, but after disabling VT-d it worked. Now full 1536MB, acceleration and tearing is gone. Apple Maps is now working too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.04.09.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.04.09.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.05.17.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.05.17.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.05.32.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.05.32.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.05.39.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 10.05.39.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 247

Attachments

• debug_25799.zip
    1 MB · Views: 215
This desktop model has different cpu/chipset architecture therefore some differences are present,

- Different SMBIOS needed: iMac 14,2 (if this smbios doesn't have injected USB Ports on USB Drivers/kext) otherwise MacMini 7,1
- Intel HD4600 Graphics patched instead of HD4000
- Different Layout ID and Audio SSDT for ALC3220
- Different Power Management Implementation
- B0D3 to HDAU rename for HDMI Audio.

i have "Problem Reporting" files from Post #114 but IOREG is missing, i need someone to upload ioreg file in order to help fix those problems.

Last edited:
This desktop model has different cpu/chipset architecture therefore some differences are present,

- Different SMBIOS needed: iMac 14,2 (if this smbios doesn't have injected USB Ports on USB Drivers/kext) otherwise MacMini 7,1

i have "Problem Reporting" files from Post #114 but IOREG is missing, i need someone to upload ioreg file in order to help fix those problems.

I’ll post ioreg later tonight.

Here are the files for testing, first of all remove every SSDT from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
place only the SSDTs that i attached into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

use my attached config.plist

You need to have installed only the following kexts:
Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, USBInjectAll.kext
remove everything else that you have installed, we will deal with other kexts later.

Rebuild Caches,
Reboot

Upload complete "Problem Reporting" files (including ioreg).

Write what is not working.

Attachments

• Dell.zip
    8 KB · Views: 251
@westyd1982 and all the other Optiplex 7020 and 9020 owners.

Just to let you know what we'll be working on here in this thread with assistance from Sniki.

A few people with these Haswell Q87 based PCs have been using the SSDTs and the config.plist from my 7010/9010 guide and asking for help in that thread. I've always advised against that as those are Ivy Bridge/Q77 systems (one gen older). It might appear to work but is not the best approach to take for the 7020/9020 Dell models.

Although Q87 and Q77 boards are similar, there are still many significant differences. The Q77 boards support only 2 Sata 3 connections while Q87 supports 6. Each BIOS is different as well as sections of the ACPI tables. The USB implementation is not changed much but a custom SSDT is still required. These Haswell based Dells use a completely different audio chip etc.

So, thanks to the help of Sniki, you can all try out these new files specifically created for your Haswell machines in post #118 and then report back how they work for you. Also, you can upload your PR files for review. Link to the black.dragon74 script to gather your PR files. Remember that you must press F2 and then F4 keys when you are at the clover boot screen before you boot into macOS and run the script in terminal.

It may also be a good idea for you to update all the suggested kexts in post #118 to the newest versions. https://github.com/acidanthera I've attached the kext updater app below so you can easily check all you have installed to see how old they are.

Of course, install them to /L/E using Kextbeast or the terminal commands if you know those. Repair permissions and rebuild caches after that. See the kext utility 2.6 app below. Put a second copy of essential kexts like FakeSMC and your ethernet kext in /kexts/other folder on your boot drive's EFI partition.

Once you've got the correct SSDTs (a USB SSDT), Config.plist and any other needed patches, all the USB3, sleep and wake problems and other issues should get cleared up. Updates should not be a problem and you'll have a more stable macOS user experience.

Thanks for your participation and input and I hope we can help you get the best possible performance from your CustoMac.

trs96

Attachments

• Kext_Utility.app.v2.6.6.zip
    281.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Kext%20Updater%202.7.7.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:

I post tomorrow the io, the PC is on my office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back