Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, with the new config and the ssdts i have to generate a new serial number?, im on it.
After that you need a new PR and io?
question if i have a apple account in appstore should i have to do P1LGRIM's guide?

The old PR files will still work, no need for new ones yet. You want an iMac specific serial number so when you use iCloud, the app store, imessage it looks like an iMac to Apple and not a Mac mini.
ok, thank you. im gonna do that and test the system, if i have an issue i post here.

question if i have a apple account in appstore should i have to do P1LGRIM's guide?
Make sure you are signed out of everything as P1LGRIM's guide shows. You may have to delete some files in /Library/Preferences if you were already using the Mac mini system definition before and signed into all the Apple services.

Make sure you are signed out of everything as P1LGRIM's guide shows. You may have to delete some files in /Library/Preferences if you were already using the Mac mini system definition before and signed into all the Apple services.
ok, thank you.

@jelipe.castro even though your USB ports are working now, the USB ports are not correctly patched yet, we need to create a SSDT for USB ports.
Will give you test files and steps later today on how to capture active ports and then create the SSDT.

@jelipe.castro even though your USB ports are working now, the USB ports are not correctly patched yet, we need to create a SSDT for USB ports.
Will give you test files and steps later today on how to capture active ports and then create the SSDT.
ok

What are you using for display? VGA, Display Port or Graphics Card? Getting read to try my 9020S...
Im using a graphics card (AMD radeon HD 5450). Which wasn’t easy for me to make it work but it works perfectly now with OSx High Sierra, I tried it with mojave but I just gave up and went back to High Sierra.

I tried a lot of things to fix the 7MB VRAM issue.

THIS finally solved my 7MB VRAM issue. I did not found the 64mb prealloc in the Dell UEFI, but after disabling VT-d it worked. Now full 1536MB, acceleration and tearing is gone. Apple Maps is now working too.

I've just installed Mojave on a stock Optiplex 3020 with an i5-4570 (HD 4600 graphics), and had the same problem you did. 7 MB VRAM.

Setting config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id to 0x0d220003 did the trick for me, otherwise I've simply followed the OP's instructions. Now shows 1536 MB VRAM :)

Another thing I noticed was that the audio out via displayport wasn't working at first, now it's working too!

This is a useful guide to patch the SSDT for the 3020/7020/9020 SFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back