Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to attach the folder.
Compress it (zip) and then attach.
Right here ⬇︎

@tatios, do you mind sharing your EFI folder with the full 1536 VRAM option ?

Thank You
Here is my file... hope it helps! Remember I removed the serial numbers in the SMBios that you may need to add... I didn't try booting without it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 139
Here is my file... hope it helps! Remember I removed the serial numbers in the SMBios that you may need to add... I didn't try booting without it.

Thanks for posting this. I can only boot from USB on my 9020, and so I'm trying different things. Also it shows only 4MB. I probably did something wrong as this is my first hackintosh.

I can't boot from your file either on internal SSD, but the USB I boot from does not have any values for all the SN etc in SMBios so I don't believe that is the cause.

Thanks for posting this. I can only boot from USB on my 9020, and so I'm trying different things. Also it shows only 4MB. I probably did something wrong as this is my first hackintosh.

I can't boot from your file either on internal SSD, but the USB I boot from does not have any values for all the SN etc in SMBios so I don't believe that is the cause.
When you have your USB and Clover boots up how many choices do you have?

When you have your USB and Clover boots up how many choices do you have?

-Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave
-Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot
-Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
-Boot macOS from SSD
-Boot Recovery from Recovery

Last edited:
On my 7020, the USB3 ports don't work correctly with USB3 drives. I have the reboot on wake from sleep issue still to solve.

On the wake from sleep problem I have noticed that it seems the computer does wake up but the monitor is not coming back on... I was just able to wake up the computer by moving the mouse. The hard drive started to acted like it was working so I typed in my password and cycled the switch for my monitor and it lit up... any thoughts?

-Boot macOS from SSD
-Boot Recover from Recovery
Have you run Install Prebooter? and Install macOS Mojave? After installing them when in clover I boot FileVault which opens Mojave.

-Boot macOS from SSD
-Boot Recovery from Recovery
With out the USB do you get to Clover?

Have you run Install Prebooter? and Install macOS Mojave? After installing them when in clover I boot FileVault which opens Mojave.
With out the USB do you get to Clover?

Let me back up - I followed the guide and was able to install Mojave and boot to it from the USB drive. Right now I'm trying to fix the VRAM issue that others have, and also configure clover for the internal SSD.

When turning on device w/o USB I choose "boot macOS from SSD" , it shows loading bar w/ apple logo, but freezes about 2/3 through (or 1/2 through after copying your EFI).

If I choose Filevault, it freezes on loading bar at a bit less than 1/2
If I choose Boot MacOS Install prebooter from preboot, it shows circle w/ line through it

I never ran these 2 successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back