Contribute
Register

Dell Optiplex 3020/7020/9020 High Sierra Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does High Sierra (10.13.6) security update install without incident? I've got my machine running really well and I'm loath to alter it but security is obviously important.
I had no issue updating... everything worked fine after the update. Only issue that I know of is it won't come out of sleep but that was already an issue

Am I missing something @tatios? I don't see a reply, only a quote. Sorry and thanks.

EDIT: And his post was deleted.

Hit the button before answering and then couldn't figure out how to delete...

I was going to ask how you tested the video as I am having no issue that I am aware of... I have been doing Hackintosh for awhile but it has gotten more complicated... and sometimes an issue doesn't show up right away. My install is more of a hybrid than strictly following this guideline. Haven't really put this to the test.

I get tearing using Chrome, and under "About This Mac" and System Report, it only shows 6MB of VRAM. The only difference between this one and others that I have working, as far as I can tell, is that this one with the issue has an SSD, and the other do not.

I just setup another 9020, and the full 1536 of VRAM is reporting on it. Would there be any issues if I throw this hard drive in another 9020? Will it just work? Or is it like Windows and screws up if the MAC address is drastically different? Thanks. Also, remember to port your reply AFTER the quote

I have the same issue with my 7020. Only some MB of VRAM instead of 1536 and tearing on some website in Safari. Apple Maps also not working. Only black map and tearing. I also use an SSD with APFS.

I also have another problem. I can only boot from the usb drive generated with Unibeast. Multibeast generated EFI on the SSD is not booting Mojave. I get an APFS error (failed to get apfs volume keybag, err = 2).

I am now attempting to get a Radeon graphics card working with a few guides I found, if successful, I'll post the details here as an add-on to this guide, as this Radeon model is a Dell OEM card.

I get tearing using Chrome, and under "About This Mac" and System Report, it only shows 6MB of VRAM. The only difference between this one and others that I have working, as far as I can tell, is that this one with the issue has an SSD, and the other do not.

I just setup another 9020, and the full 1536 of VRAM is reporting on it. Would there be any issues if I throw this hard drive in another 9020? Will it just work? Or is it like Windows and screws up if the MAC address is drastically different? Thanks. Also, remember to port your reply AFTER the quote

I have bounced the drives around from different machines quite a bit... I have 4 of the old Gigabyte boards stuffed into old Dell cases that I have moved the drives around... I don't have two 9020 yet but with the proper EFI file one of the drives from the older machine will boot in the 9020 using in High Sierra. My guess is yes it will work.

Is your install of Mojave APFS? I did a Apple Store upgrade on my spinning drive from one of the older machines to Mojave and it converted me to APFS which will now only work on the 9020 as the others are not UEFI. I did not anticipate this... or I would have blocked it. I have been reading that Apple is forcing the upgrade.

NO video issues that I have seen but I have to see about the VRAM... I think it was normal but will double check when I get done work late tonight.

Can someone help, I'm using Dell 9020 USFF, i5 4570, SSD and Intel 4600 able to install and complete the tutorial, but when i eject the USB and start, it stuck at the loading bar (in the middle) any suggestion ?

I think i did everything correctly.

Thank You
Did you change your BIOS to UEFI boot and select the SSD? I had this initially until I corrected it.

I am now attempting to get a Radeon graphics card working with a few guides I found, if successful, I'll post the details here as an add-on to this guide, as this Radeon model is a Dell OEM card.

I am interested in this too... I have a Nvidia low profile 1030 but I don't think I am going to try it.

Good luck. Tried everything on the Radeon that came with the 7020 nothing worked.

I have the same issue with my 7020. Only some MB of VRAM instead of 1536 and tearing on some website in Safari. Apple Maps also not working. Only black map and tearing. I also use an SSD with APFS.

I also have another problem. I can only boot from the usb drive generated with Unibeast. Multibeast generated EFI on the SSD is not booting Mojave. I get an APFS error (failed to get apfs volume keybag, err = 2).

Start over. Follow the guide step by step.

@sprite160, Do you mind posting a quick tutorial on how you install ? I'm stuck on Apple Loading Bar after i did the last step to shut down and restart (no usb)

Did you change your BIOS to UEFI boot and select the SSD? I had this initially until I corrected it.

@tatios, Yes I did change to UEFI and SSD selected, I don't think i would be able to install at all if it wasn't changed to UEFI.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back