Contribute
Register

Dell Latitude 3450 i5-5200u HD5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Will try the boot argument. My BIOS is like A13. I cannot upgrade to A20 unless I buy a new battery as it will not let you upgrade unless the battery has at least 10%. If I have to get the battery, I will but was hoping I could find out if the OS will load before I start with $80-90 of investment for battery and new wifi/bt card.

With slide=0 it does not show the
AMF: Only 128/256 slide values are usable.
valid slides 128-255

but the +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
are still there and it is stops there.

Any known way around the BIOS upgrade without the battery?

With slide=0 it does not show the
AMF: Only 128/256 slide values are usable.
valid slides 128-255

but the +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
are still there and it is stops there.

Any known way around the BIOS upgrade without the battery?

I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think a battery is needed to boot. I don't know about updating BIOS... Usually, BIOS updates require you to have AC adaptor connected.

I do know for sure that, if CMOS battery is not working, it won't boot right, because my CMOS battery died about two months ago and I couldn't boot.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have ordered a battery which will be here in about 10 days (from Ireland no less). I will change the CMOS battery also and then upgrade the BIOS. (When upgrading it says you have to AC plugged in and at least 10% battery power..not sure why but Dell you know)... anyway I will suspend until then. See you in a couple of weeks. thanks for the help.

Is there room where the wireless card goes for a m.2 NGFF adapter? I have a dead mackbook pro that I'd like to steal the wifi card from.

Is there room where the wireless card goes for a m.2 NGFF adapter? I have a dead mackbook pro that I'd like to steal the wifi card from.

No, there isn't enough room for an adaptor.

macOS 10.15.5 Catalina updated fine. ~27 minutes and 2 reboots.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 9.20.27 PM.png

helo can you help me? I know I am using your config.plist and several days ago my audio just completely disappear?
btw upgrade to 10.5.5 was successful. also if im not mistaken im using the old config for my 3480

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9 MB · Views: 117
helo can you help me? I know I am using your config.plist and several days ago my audio just completely disappear?
btw upgrade to 10.5.5 was successful. also if im not mistaken im using the old config for my 3480

Your EFI folder is very different from mine so I don't know if what I did will work for you...

That being said, I use audio-id 3. You are using 8...

i got tired and just go forward on following your info here with an updated installation through recovery its awesome

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 5.06.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 5.06.18 PM.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back