Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine also dims. I think that still means everything is working except GPU initialisation.
I was getting that error in any OpenCore past 0.6.0 on my 7573

I know its not the greatest, but would you recommend using 0.6.0? What are you using?
my Opencore config is complete using 0.6.0. if im not mistaken, newer than 0.6.0 only enables secure boot and some other things. my guide is in my signature. 100 percent as of a few hrs ago. finally got headphone jack to work across boots and after sleep/wake without re-connecting them. check out my guide, it may help you boot Big Sur, feedback on my guide shows its built for both Catalina and Big Sur

my Opencore config is complete using 0.6.0. if im not mistaken, newer than 0.6.0 only enables secure boot and some other things. my guide is in my signature. 100 percent as of a few hrs ago. finally got headphone jack to work across boots and after sleep/wake without re-connecting them. check out my guide, it may help you boot Big Sur, feedback on my guide shows its built for both Catalina and Big Sur
Hmm, it pretty much does have all the same components as the 7586, except for graphics (which is anyways disabled) and I think wifi card, which is supported though I think.
How satisfied are you? Is it faster than Windows? Also do you have BigSur or Catalina?

Hmm, it pretty much does have all the same components as the 7586, except for graphics (which is anyways disabled) and I think wifi card, which is supported though I think.
How satisfied are you? Is it faster than Windows? Also do you have BigSur or Catalina?
im very much satisfied. yes its faster than windows. im using Catalina. Since my laptop is 4k, I can only use Big Sur @48hz refresh rate, which I do not like since videos play choppy

im very much satisfied. yes its faster than windows. im using Catalina. Since my laptop is 4k, I can only use Big Sur @48hz refresh rate, which I do not like since videos play choppy
Amazing... Is that zip you attached in that thread the newest one? Also you should create a github repo for that as well

I tried the PCI2,0 portion from that EFI, not working... Maybe because it is Kaby Lake ? We're running U620 on Whiskey Lake (8th gen)

I tried the PCI2,0 portion from that EFI, not working... Maybe because it is Kaby Lake ? We're running U620 on Whiskey Lake (8th gen)
I also tried a few things from that configuration, but no luck yet.. There seems to be a tiny thing that we are missing since what we got from @hacker1024 is going till the last step before the Apple logo shows up. Are there any boot args we are missing maybe for whatevergreen?

I also tried a few things from that configuration, but no luck yet.. There seems to be a tiny thing that we are missing since what we got from @hacker1024 is going till the last step before the Apple logo shows up. Are there any boot args we are missing maybe for whatevergreen?
I'll try tomorrow with some boot arts regarding Lilu and whatevergreen ...

Kaby Lake UHD 620s are completely different in terms of configuration, so any Kaby Lake config isn't going to work (believe me, I tried a ton before I used a working config).

I'll be discussing more about the GPU issue on the GitHub repo's open issue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back