Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the result with Big Sur:

View attachment IMG_20201123_193348.jpg

Fun side note: If I plug in the power adapter at this stage, I hear the same sound that my MacBook makes when I plug it in there. So I am hopeful haha
Also if I plug in an external monitor via HDMI, the internal screen goes black and never returns even after unplugging again.

Last edited:
This is the result with Big Sur:

View attachment 497973

Fun side note: If I plug in the power adapter at this stage, I hear the same sound that my MacBook makes when I plug it in there. So I am hopeful haha
Also if I plug in an external monitor via HDMI, the internal screen goes black and never returns even after unplugging again.
I'm at exactly the same stage as you are, with exactly the same HW (Inspiron 7586 with i7 8565U and MX150)

Not sure what to do next...

Ok, now I'm here (see below)

Attachments

• 20201123_213647.jpg
    20201123_213647.jpg
    870.7 KB · Views: 61
Ok, now I'm here (see below)
I think this pretty much sums up to the same things and the slightly different output is just due to threads finishing at different times.

Now I am here, which looks further but its still stuck. The only thing I did was remove all `.something` files and folder on the usb stick. After some Googling I found out that what I see here should be the last step after which the Apple logo shows up. Dortania's guide tells me this should be "This is right before the GPU is properly initialized", which also cover with whats happening, I have the charging sound, the screen goes to sleep after some inactivity and everything, I just don't see anything except those lines.

Starting to think that this is BIOS settings related, because there can't be much discrepancies if we all use the same files from GitHub.

Attachments

• IMG_20201124_185435.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 77
Wow, thanks for the fast reply. I tried enabling `AppleXcpmCfgLock` but it yields the same result. Also I have tried both the Catalina and BigSur installers, whereas the former feels like it goes further into the boot process, but I don't really have proof if what I see really means "further".
Anyways here is a screenshot of where the lines then halt and there is no further output:
View attachment 497895

Thanks for the support, really appreciate it! I hope I can revive this thing to something better, I didn't like Windows on it at all.

EDIT: I should say that the particular screenshot is from a try with Catalina.
Normally there would be many more IGPU statements in that log, and the GUI would launch at that point. This leads me to believe that WhateverGreen may not be loading, or perhaps something's incompatible in its configuration.

I've only ever tried this setup with Big Sur, so that would probably work better continuing on if you do get past this issue.

Also, if one of you could make an issue about this on the GitHub repo it may be better, as any other users with the problem will be able to find the discussion more easily?

Normally there would be many more IGPU statements in that log, and the GUI would launch at that point. This leads me to believe that WhateverGreen may not be loading, or perhaps something's incompatible in its configuration.

I've only ever tried this setup with Big Sur, so that would probably work better continuing on if you do get past this issue.
If you look at my screenshot above, those I only tried with Big Sur anymore: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-inspiron-7586-i7-8565u-intel-uhd-620.277104/post-2200424

Also will open GithHub issue yeah.

I started over from scratch, and I'm reaching that point as well (AppleActuatorDeviceUserClient Entered)

Is this setup interchangable with Catalina? Otherwise I'd just create an installer for that with the same EFI folder

EDIT: I highly advise using ProperTree

Now I'm at the point where the display dims (after the last line of AppleActuatorDeviceUserClient Entered)

I think the GPU is not the problem then?

Last edited:
I started over from scratch, and I'm reaching that point as well (AppleActuatorDeviceUserClient Entered)

Is this setup interchangable with Catalina? Otherwise I'd just create an installer for that with the same EFI folder

EDIT: I highly advise using ProperTree

Now I'm at the point where the display dims (after the last line of AppleActuatorDeviceUserClient Entered)

I think the GPU is not the problem then?
Mine also dims. I think that still means everything is working except GPU initialisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back