Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 7586 / I7-8565U /Intel UHD 620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, I am trying to get this working on my machine. Would it be possible those of you who have had luck with this to share your Clover folder, and what OS version was used (i.e. Mojave or Catalina)? Thanks in advance!
Maybe a little to late, but if you follow this link, you can fin my clover folder. I’m using Catalina

Maybe a little to late, but if you follow this link, you can fin my clover folder. I’m using Catalina

Has anyone got USB 3.x working in Catalina? Or the headphone jack?
(I can confirm that there were no regressions updating to 10.15.2, it seems fine so far.)

The 10.15.3 upgrade was almost flawless - my only problem was that on the first boot, my secondary monitor was black with just the mouse cursor showing. A reboot fixed it.

I got tired of my modified DSDT breaking every week, so I built a ACPI hotpatch to fix VoodooI2C compatibility instead.
To get the touchscreen and touchpad working, all you need now is VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext, and this patch in Clover > ACPI > DSDT.
Code:
Comment: Change USTP to One (to fix I2C)
   Find: <A04C4855 535450>
Replace: <A04C4801 A3A3A3>

Thanks to RehabMan for his code value patching documentation.

Last edited:
I've tested all available AppleALC layout-ids. I recommend either 13 or 21, depending on what output you value most:

Available layout-ids: 1, 3, 13, 14, 15, 21, 28, 77

1, 3, 14, 15 - Headphone jack (noisy), no internal
13 - Headphone jack (noisy), internal (slightly soft)
21 - Headphone jack (noisy, slightly more than 21), internal (perfect)
28 - Headphone jack (noisy), internal (noisy)
77 - Unstable headphone jack, internal (perfect)

Last edited:
Does anyone have a update for Catalina? I'm having issues with mines

Hey, thanks for you great work and providing that repo.
I tried that on my Dell now, same specs as yours with the difference of graphics card being Nvidia MX150. I can get OpenCore to boot and also the installer to do "stuff". I see the command line and it seems to be setting up tons of things, but at a random point it stops and I never get an installer GUI. There is no definitive error I could identify. But the last lines are always something along the lines of "Failed to bootstrap path...". I still suspect though after some googling that this might be a benign error.
Any idea on why that could be happening? Is it my different graphics card that makes the GUI not open up due to some wrong configuration? I also did all the steps from your GitHub readme except the CFG lock since that seems to be post install.
Greatly appreciate some hints.

Hey, thanks for you great work and providing that repo.
I tried that on my Dell now, same specs as yours with the difference of graphics card being Nvidia MX150. I can get OpenCore to boot and also the installer to do "stuff". I see the command line and it seems to be setting up tons of things, but at a random point it stops and I never get an installer GUI. There is no definitive error I could identify. But the last lines are always something along the lines of "Failed to bootstrap path...". I still suspect though after some googling that this might be a benign error.
Any idea on why that could be happening? Is it my different graphics card that makes the GUI not open up due to some wrong configuration? I also did all the steps from your GitHub readme except the CFG lock since that seems to be post install.
Greatly appreciate some hints.
I also have the MX150, I just didn't put it on my profile as it's unused by macOS.

CFG-Lock is in the post-install section because the Dortania guides tell you to enable the "AppleXcpmCfgLock" kernel quirk initially, which bypasses the issue. You can try enabling it and seeing if that helps.

If that doesn't fix your issue, feel free to upload a photo of the boot screen when it fails - it may help us work out the issue.

I also have the MX150, I just didn't put it on my profile as it's unused by macOS.

CFG-Lock is in the post-install section because the Dortania guides tell you to enable the "AppleXcpmCfgLock" kernel quirk initially, which bypasses the issue. You can try enabling it and seeing if that helps.

If that doesn't fix your issue, feel free to upload a photo of the boot screen when it fails - it may help us work out the issue.

Wow, thanks for the fast reply. I tried enabling `AppleXcpmCfgLock` but it yields the same result. Also I have tried both the Catalina and BigSur installers, whereas the former feels like it goes further into the boot process, but I don't really have proof if what I see really means "further".
Anyways here is a screenshot of where the lines then halt and there is no further output:
View attachment IMG_20201123_123455.jpg

Thanks for the support, really appreciate it! I hope I can revive this thing to something better, I didn't like Windows on it at all.

EDIT: I should say that the particular screenshot is from a try with Catalina.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back