Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell Inspiron 7000 Clover Installation Guide

You still do not have QE/CI due to missing AppleIntelHD* right?

correct.

EDIT: Hope that 10.9.2 will fix your problem.

10.9.2 didn't fix it. :(

The only way I can boot is if I move the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and AppleIntelHD* out of the way first.

Do you think there might also be something in the DSDT/SSDT files to do with the GFX0/IGPU. I looked in the the highest numbered SSTD file that I dumped and noticed some other references to GFX0.

Any other combinations or boot flags that I might need?

Also, if the AppleIntelHD* files ARE present, but the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext is NOT present then the result is a spinning gear on a grey background under the apple logo which never goes away.

I tried a few combinations of the DualLink 0/1 and Inject Intel/Nvidia true/false but no combination work when the AppleIntelHD* files are present. I re-verified I was used the latest files from the post you made were on my USB stick and I ensured that I was using clover from the USB via an extra boot entry (I have two, Clover, and Clover-USB). Clover USB is at the top of the list so it boots from USB when the USB is present otherwise it boots from the SSD.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    30.8 KB · Views: 118

I will test each one with the files you sent and with all the AppleIntel HD and Framebuffer kexts present and report back. Thanks again for the suggestions and help, *really* appreciated.

Ok, results of testing, some interesting results with 13:

Framebuffer test values with DualLink set to '1'
FrameBuffer, Chameleon, Clover, Result
0 = 00000604 0x04060000 Black Screen
1 = 0000060c 0x0c060000 Black Screen
2 = 00001604 0x04160000 Black Screen
3 = 0000160a 0x0a160000 Black Screen
4 = 0000160c 0x0c160000 Black Screen
5 = 00002604 0x04260000 Black Screen
6 = 0000260a 0x0a260000 Black Screen
7 = 0000260c 0x0c260000 Black Screen
8 = 0000260d 0x0d260000 Black Screen
9 = 02001604 0x04160002 Spinning Gear
10 = 0300220d 0x0d22003 Spinning Gear that stops when black screen usually appears, SSD activity continues
11 = 0500260a 0x0a260005 Black Screen
12 = 0600260a 0x0a260006 Black Screen
13 = 0700260d 0x0d260007 Desktop with QI/CE but bad flashing, flickering and artifacts
14 = 0800260a 0x0a260008 Desktop but no QI/CE
15 = 08002e0a 0x0a2e0008 Flickering, then black screen

With 15, booting the installation partition on USB resulted in smooth scrolling text on the installer and a stable picture. The AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and the AppleIntelHD* kexts are present on my installation media created with Unibeast.

Framebuffer test values with DualLink set to '0'
13 = 0700260d 0x0d260007 Desktop with QI/CE but bad flashing, flickering and artifacts
15 = 0700260d 0x0d260007 Flickering, then black screen

ok, so this is interesting....

Sometimes, when using 13 from the list above, i just get a few flickers, then the display goes off. Once, when it gave me the login prompt, while still flickering and displaying artifacts, I was able to login and have a look around. QE/CI definately OK - translucent menu bar, etc..

Anyway, while it was still flickering I thought about having a look at the screensavers to see if they work. Now as soon as I clicked 'Screen Saver' tab on the Desktop and Screen Savers preference pane the flickering stopped!

All the screensavers run just fine, and it's currently displaying a normal looking desktop with no flickering or artifacts. No idea what it'll do if I reboot it though.

EDIT: Actually, as soon as the 'Screen Saver' preview running in the preference pane is closed or hidden the flickering and artifacts return.

Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2Y1wqtRvs

Try changing SMBIOS in config.plist from MacBook Air to MacBook Pro 11,x

You can also change UEFI to Legacy for a try.

Download latest Chameleon and install it to a Mac OS X Extended USB.

Backup mach_kernel in the root of your mac, replace it by this, then use Kext Wizard to rebuild cache.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dogcgje65kthyqy/e4l5stTweC

Use Chameleon Wizard to create a smbios.plist MacBook Pro 11,2 and copy it to /Extra/

Go to BIOS, turn off UEFI, enable Legacy boot, then boot to Chameleon USB, then boot with this
Code:
-v -f GraphcisEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=x  (x is from 1 to 13)

I already tried changing to MacBook Pro 11,2 already so it comes up as 'Mackbook Pro Retina'. That's what it was set to when i made the video. I used the wizard in Clover Configurator to do it.

I'll try the other suggestions tomorrow, it's late now and I need some sleep!

ok, so this is interesting....

Sometimes, when using 13 from the list above, i just get a few flickers, then the display goes off. Once, when it gave me the login prompt, while still flickering and displaying artifacts, I was able to login and have a look around. QE/CI definately OK - translucent menu bar, etc..

Anyway, while it was still flickering I thought about having a look at the screensavers to see if they work. Now as soon as I clicked 'Screen Saver' tab on the Desktop and Screen Savers preference pane the flickering stopped!

All the screensavers run just fine, and it's currently displaying a normal looking desktop with no flickering or artifacts. No idea what it'll do if I reboot it though.

EDIT: Actually, as soon as the 'Screen Saver' preview running in the preference pane is closed or hidden the flickering and artifacts return.

Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2Y1wqtRvs

Did you set screen resolution to your native resolution via config.plist? This really only affects the resolution used by the bootloader, but sometimes it is helpful in eliminating glitches.

Ok, so I got a fresh USB stick, GUID, HFS partition and installed latest chameleon on it and popped the patched kernel on my HDD as mach_kernel_patched. I created an SMBIOS.plist for a MacBookPro11,2, popped it in /Extra and used chameleon wizard to generate a configuration file.

When I boot, regardless of any flags, I always get a kernel panic shortly after mounting the boot device.

If i use boot arguments on the command line to use the non-patched kernel it reboots immediately after loading the kexts at the point where the text resolution would change so I know my setting to choose the patched kernel is correct.

EDIT: The last messages before the panic are usually something to do with IO80211Interface::efiNVRAMPublished(). The panic starts on the next line, usually with 'kernel trap' 'type 13=general protection'

EDIT: I also tried installed my DSDT and SSDT files in /Extra (the SSDT had no framebuffer configuration but DO disable the NVidia card) and that made no difference - i used DropSSDT option.

EDIT: Using -s i am able to boot into single User mode using Chameleon and the patched kernel.

EDIT: I tried moving all the 7537 specific kexts out of the way (battery, backlight, wifi injector, etc, etc) and still get a kernel panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back