Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell Inspiron 7000 Clover Installation Guide

I booted again WITH caches and was able to use the trackpad, I had not yet changed the kext as you mentioned in the post before this one. Should I bother?

I'll install OSX onto the SSD I have here and see how far I get.

Please provide complete details in your profile.
Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I'll run CPU-Z a little later on, once the OSX install completes. I'll update it with what i know in the mean time.

Try this if you can't boot to installed os x.

If it does not work, I'm afraid that you have to move (not delete) AppleIntelHD* files out of /S/L/E

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 136

Ok, I wasn't able to boot into OSX after the install so I moved the AppleIntelHD* files out of the way on the installed OS via single user mode and rebooted without caches and this allowed be to boot into the OS. There was no CE/QI.

I then tried your latest config.plit and patched ACPI files but that didn't help.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Ok, I wasn't able to boot into OSX after the install so I moved the AppleIntelHD* files out of the way on the installed OS via single user mode and rebooted without caches and this allowed be to boot into the OS. There was no CE/QI.

I then tried your latest config.plit and patched ACPI files but that didn't help.

Any ideas on what to do next?

To get QE/CI, you have to put back AppleIntelHD* kext and find a way to get right config.plist/DSDT.
Now without AppleIntelHD* kext, go to System Information > Graphics, do you see nVidia card?

To get QE/CI, you have to put back AppleIntelHD* kext and find a way to get right config.plist/DSDT.
Now without AppleIntelHD* kext, go to System Information > Graphics, do you see nVidia card?

Without the AppleIntelHD* kexts i do not see an Nvidia card. It looks like this:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 14.16.22.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 14.16.22.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 291

I can however confirm that that all the other steps in the guide are working so far. I also generated the SSDT using the script and renamed the files on my EFI partition so i have DSDT, SSDT, SSDT-1 and SSDT-2.

Clover boots the OS just fine from the SSD.

The battery shows up in the menu bar.
Sound works through speakers.

My Wifi card arrived in the post today too, and WiFi and Bluetooth are working. I'm using the machine now to write this reply.

I am going to try upgrading to 10.9.2 before I try anything else via the Apple Software update, the machine is running 10.9.0 now.

I can however confirm that that all the other steps in the guide are working so far. I also generated the SSDT using the script and renamed the files on my EFI partition so i have DSDT, SSDT, SSDT-1 and SSDT-2.

Clover boots the OS just fine from the SSD.

The battery shows up in the menu bar.
Sound works through speakers.

My Wifi card arrived in the post today too, and WiFi and Bluetooth are working. I'm using the machine now to write this reply.

I am going to try upgrading to 10.9.2 before I try anything else via the Apple Software update, the machine is running 10.9.0 now.

You still do not have QE/CI due to missing AppleIntelHD* right?

EDIT: Hope that 10.9.2 will fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back