Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell Inspiron 7000 Clover Installation Guide

i actually had the files in that order the first time when i had files from A02 running on A07. Just to double check, i've downgraded to A02 with the files as per your last post, still no joy there.

for fun i tried the 1st config.plist you posted today and still no joy.

Gotta go out now. I will upgrade to A07 repatch for A07 and then try all three config.plist files and will report back on which work or not.

Post your EFI/Clover folder with A07 repatch dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml, ssdt-1.aml

You can also try safe mode (Press spacebar and select safemode).

Hiya

I reflashed A07 and repatched, this time when compiling the DSDT file before applying any patches it compiled without errors - there were still quite a few warnings, but less. All patches applied cleanly.

When booting i still get a black screen.

I tried with DualLink set to 0
I tried with DualLink set to 0 and Nvidia inject enabled
I tried with DualLink set to 1
I tried with DualLink set to 1 and Nvidia inject enabled

I've attached the origin and patched directories and all the disassembled files and all the patched .dsl files. And the last config.plist i tried.

I used DSDL.aml, SSDT.amd and SSDL-1.aml (in that letter casing).

Booting in safe mode doesn't work, the laptop reboots shortly after a console screen but after the system has booted a little bit.

Any more suggestions?

Attachments

• Dell 7357 A07 1920x1080.zip
    270.5 KB · Views: 159

Hiya

I reflashed A07 and repatched, this time when compiling the DSDT file before applying any patches it compiled without errors - there were still quite a few warnings, but less. All patches applied cleanly.

When booting i still get a black screen.

I tried with DualLink set to 0
I tried with DualLink set to 0 and Nvidia inject enabled
I tried with DualLink set to 1
I tried with DualLink set to 1 and Nvidia inject enabled

I've attached the origin and patched directories and all the disassembled files and all the patched .dsl files. And the last config.plist i tried.

I used DSDL.aml, SSDT.amd and SSDL-1.aml (in that letter casing).

Booting in safe mode doesn't work, the laptop reboots shortly after a console screen but after the system has booted a little bit.

Any more suggestions?

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Use this config.plist and those files. Turn off options like Intel Smart Connect Technology may help.

If it does not work, reformat your USB second partition to Mac OS Extended, run Unibeast to create OS X Installer instead of terminal script. Then go to /System/Library/Extensions/ of that partition, move all following files:
Code:
NVDA*
NVS*
Then use Clover to boot with/without caches.
If it get stucks at black screen again, move these files too:
Code:
AppleIntelHD*
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 189

Hiya, thanks again for the assistance and your time, much appreciated.

Use this config.plist and those files. Turn off options like Intel Smart Connect Technology may help.

I tried those files this morning, still the black screen. I then tried with Smart Connect disabled, same problem. I will try your other suggestion now.

If it does not work, reformat your USB second partition to Mac OS Extended, run Unibeast to create OS X Installer instead of terminal script. Then go to /System/Library/Extensions/ of that partition, move all following files:
Code:
NVDA*
NVS*
Then use Clover to boot with/without caches.
If it get stucks at black screen again, move these files too:
Code:
AppleIntelHD*
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

Ok, I used the files you supplied in your last attachment and tried without the NVidia KExts and still the black screen, with and without caches (via spacebar at clover prompt). - black screen each time.

I then removed the AppleIntel files as above and then, finally it booted. (without caches)

At the point in time where the screen would normally go black, console still on the screen, a mouse pointer appeared. After a while the screen went grey, still with the mouse pointer top-left. then after a while longer the OSX installer popped up.

However the mouse pointer could not be moved. The keyboard however DOES work.

What should I try next? With NVidia stuff enabled?

... With NVidia stuff enabled?

I restored the NVidia kexts onto the Installation disk and booted without caches and could get to the installer screen. I tried that with NVidia Injected set to false in config.plist.

I also tried setting NVidia Injected to true and that also got me to the installer screen.

Both times were without a working mouse.

And just to be sure, I moved the /Extra directory from the USB Installation partition because we're using clover it's not used if I understand correctly. As expected I could still boot to the installer screen but without a working mouse.

I should say that previously, when using the terminal script to create the USB Installation partition, I WAS able to move the mouse around when I had an HDMI cable plugged in to the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back