Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 3558 cannot boot to Clover screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yes, I’ve tried every single Aptio fix, and have tried enabling/disabling EmuVariableUefi. I’m not sure what else to try, since it’s clearly trying to boot, but not quite getting there.
Hmm...
Only 2 possible approaches I can give you, or I have no idea about this issue.
  1. Upgrade the BIOS to latest version.
  2. Change another USB stick to try.
Note that you may need to delete patched DSDT first after you upgrade BIOS.

I am attempting to create a hackintosh out of my Dell Inspiron 3558, but I'm having trouble.

The system allows for adding UEFI entries into the BIOS, and I have made sure it can detect and attempt to boot to the USB drive, which is simply a createinstallmedia drive with Clover on top of it. I can boot to other systems with this flash drive, but not this one. It either goes to a black screen with no text, or just stays on the DELL logo when attempting to let it select it as the first boot option automatically. No amount of waiting or key presses will progress this. I have tried multiple Clover revisions, and multiple driver options, (including all of the Aptio fixes) and none of them help. I have seen a guide here from a few years ago (linked here.) that outlined similar success, but it wasn't able to help me.

Specs:
Intel Core i3-5015U (Does broadwell have anything to do with this?)
Intel HD Graphics 5500

Clover folder is linked below
Yes, i am having the same problem with this laptop it only detects clover if set for legacy and the bios should be set for the same. the problem is after installing OS mounting EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back