1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am attempting to create a hackintosh out of my Dell Inspiron 3558, but I'm having trouble.

The system allows for adding UEFI entries into the BIOS, and I have made sure it can detect and attempt to boot to the USB drive, which is simply a createinstallmedia drive with Clover on top of it. I can boot to other systems with this flash drive, but not this one. It either goes to a black screen with no text, or just stays on the DELL logo when attempting to let it select it as the first boot option automatically. No amount of waiting or key presses will progress this. I have tried multiple Clover revisions, and multiple driver options, (including all of the Aptio fixes) and none of them help. I have seen a guide here from a few years ago (linked here.) that outlined similar success, but it wasn't able to help me.

Specs:
Intel Core i3-5015U (Does broadwell have anything to do with this?)
Intel HD Graphics 5500

Clover folder is linked below

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 218
I am attempting to create a hackintosh out of my Dell Inspiron 3558, but I'm having trouble.

The system allows for adding UEFI entries into the BIOS, and I have made sure it can detect and attempt to boot to the USB drive, which is simply a createinstallmedia drive with Clover on top of it. I can boot to other systems with this flash drive, but not this one. It either goes to a black screen with no text, or just stays on the DELL logo when attempting to let it select it as the first boot option automatically. No amount of waiting or key presses will progress this. I have tried multiple Clover revisions, and multiple driver options, (including all of the Aptio fixes) and none of them help. I have seen a guide here from a few years ago (linked here.) that outlined similar success, but it wasn't able to help me.

Specs:
Intel Core i3-5015U (Does broadwell have anything to do with this?)
Intel HD Graphics 5500

Clover folder is linked below
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"
Okay, so I updated my profile, and I followed all of the instructions exactly when setting up Clover. I haven't been able to even get into Clover, so I can't get any "Problem Reporting Files." I have been hackintoshing for a while, so I can manage on my own once I get to the Clover screen, but despite the UEFI seeing it, it won't actually begin to boot.

I tried reinstalling Clover to another USB from scratch, but it still didn't change anything. I guess I have nothing else to go on except changing every combination of Clover drivers until I get one that lets me get to the Clover screen so I can install. I can worry about kexts later, and I'm not worried about the compatibility of my parts.

Okay, so I updated my profile, and I followed all of the instructions exactly when setting up Clover. I haven't been able to even get into Clover, so I can't get any "Problem Reporting Files." I have been hackintoshing for a while, so I can manage on my own once I get to the Clover screen, but despite the UEFI seeing it, it won't actually begin to boot.

I tried reinstalling Clover to another USB from scratch, but it still didn't change anything. I guess I have nothing else to go on except changing every combination of Clover drivers until I get one that lets me get to the Clover screen so I can install. I can worry about kexts later, and I'm not worried about the compatibility of my parts.
I guess the BIOS skip the CLOVER USB right?

If so, can you show the picture that how you add UEFI path in BIOS?
Also, make sure Secure Boot is disable.

I guess the BIOS skip the CLOVER USB right?

If so, can you show the picture that how you add UEFI path in BIOS?
Also, make sure Secure Boot is disable.
Secure Boot is disabled, and it does detect and attempt to boot into the USB stick, as I've made sure it knows where to find the .efi file in the BIOS. The problem is that it just freezes up whenever it tries to boot, and just shows an unresponsive black screen.

I'll get a picture up in a moment

Attachments

• C3383462-981B-46E3-85F5-37A4225BDD4C.jpeg
    C3383462-981B-46E3-85F5-37A4225BDD4C.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 242
So, interestingly enough, if I unplug the “booted” USB drive and plug it back in, upon insertion, it will bring up a message that is show in the image here

Attachments

• 8445117F-896D-4A51-8D51-1A6B455A67D6.jpeg
    8445117F-896D-4A51-8D51-1A6B455A67D6.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 282
So, interestingly enough, if I unplug the “booted” USB drive and plug it back in, upon insertion, it will bring up a message that is show in the image here
May impossible cause, but just make sure.
Are you format the USB stick to APFS?

May impossible cause, but just make sure.
Are you format the USB stick to APFS?
No, it’s HFS+

I don’t think createinstallmedia will even work with an APFS formatted drive. I think that message is just the APFS driver checking for newly inserted storage, that’s the best I can come up with

No, it’s HFS+

I don’t think createinstallmedia will even work with an APFS formatted drive. I think that message is just the APFS driver checking for newly inserted storage, that’s the best I can come up with
Have you try different UEFI driver like use AptioMemoryFix-64 instead of OsxAptioFix3-Drv and EmuVariableUefi-64?

Y
Have you try different UEFI driver like use AptioMemoryFix-64 instead of OsxAptioFix3-Drv and EmuVariableUefi-64?
Yes, I’ve tried every single Aptio fix, and have tried enabling/disabling EmuVariableUefi. I’m not sure what else to try, since it’s clearly trying to boot, but not quite getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back