Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 15R N5521 (i3-3337U) KP ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i totally agree with you... on that point....
i just used nullethernet cause as such, to make wifi work, i had to use it as i have intel n2230 wifi on board..
and no slot to fit any card.... so i thought y not to use the ethernet dongle as well,,,
cause mine is a dual boot system, and i m only goin to use osx for learning iphone programming...thast it...

thanx for helpin so much..... you are the best....

just needed to know, is edimax usb dongle good enough?? other then the utility part...??? and does it work properly during shutdown and restart and during sleep.????
as the asus usb-n10 which i returned today, just hangs my laptop as soon as my lappy goes to sleep...

With correctly configured USB, the Edimax seems to work just fine. The utility app is annoying, but everything including sleep works on my Lenovo u430 (using Edimax). Certainly, it is preferable to have native AirPort support and config via standard WiFi menu if you can.

is there a way to configure usb???? if yes how?

also, how can i have native AirPort support and config via standard WiFi menu??

is there a way to configure usb???? if yes how?

Either:
- using AppleUSBXHCI.kext with "7-series USB" and "7-series USB Multiplex" DSDT patch.

OR
- using GenericUSBXHCI.kext with "7-series USB" DSDT patch and GenericUSBXHCI.kext with -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag.

also, how can i have native AirPort support and config via standard WiFi menu??

You have to have a supported PCIe WiFi card. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

buddy,
how to find which 1 is working in my system rt now...

and there are 2 patches, usb 7 series and usb 7 series id
which 1 to use???

buddy,
how to find which 1 is working in my system rt now...

Well, you should know what you did post install (eg. you should keep notes on what you do to your install)... But if you want me to look, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

and there are 2 patches, usb 7 series and usb 7 series id
which 1 to use???

If you're using MaciASL correctly, you don't even see the "ID" version. Make sure you read the README and setup MaciASL correctly per the instructions.

But to answer your question, "7-series/8-series USB".

oh sorry for the trouble....
i always keep track of teh stuff....but actually dont remember at the right time...
during multibeast installation, i installed USB 3.0 universal in it...
so its generic kext installed.
which is better between the two???
if generic..
do i just have to patch the dsdt with 7 series usb and thats it??? or i have 2 use the kernel flag as well?

oh sorry for the trouble....
i always keep track of teh stuff....but actually dont remember at the right time...
during multibeast installation, i installed USB 3.0 universal in it...
so its generic kext installed.
which is better between the two???
if generic..
do i just have to patch the dsdt with 7 series usb and thats it??? or i have 2 use the kernel flag as well?

If you can make the multiplex + AppleUSBXHCI (lack of GenericUSBXHCI) work, it is prefered as this is way real Apple Macs run.

But it is rare that AppleUSBXHCI work (two examples that do work, are the ProBook 4x40s series and the Lenovo Ux10 series), so in that case GenericUSBXHCI, plus "7-series USB", plus the use of -gux_defer_usb2 is usually a winning combo.

-gux_defer_usb2
should be used the same way as dart=0 is used.????
i.e. kernel flags
<string>-gux_defer_usb2</string>

-gux_defer_usb2
should be used the same way as dart=0 is used.????
i.e. kernel flags
<string>-gux_defer_usb2</string>

Yes. If you need both flags:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0 -gux_defer_usb2</string>

ok then ill patch my dsdt with 7 series usb and use the flag and reply 2moro...
thanx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back