Contribute
Register

Dell Inspiron 15 7559 - Backlight and NVRAM Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should not have multiple DSDTs in ACPI/patched (ACPI/patched is not a dumping ground for random files).
FixRegions_10000000 is a bad idea. Remove.
You should try without FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (it is not always required).
Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports (read the FAQ).
Make sure your files in ACPI/patched are built from a recent ACPI/origin Clover F4 extract.

You need to look at the value being loaded and compare to what you think it should be (by looking at NVRAM prior to reboot).
Your Clover bootlog this time shows:
Code:
0:357  0:000   Adding Key: backlight-level: Size = 2, Data: 59 01

eg... 0x0159...

Fixed everything you mentioned. Thank you for pointing it out!

And I've seemed to fix my NVRAM issue! Surprisingly, removing EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi and rebooting a couple times fixed the issue where brightness wasn't being saved to NVRAM...which I find interesting. I'll keep booting without it and see if this fix stays.

I still have that black blinkscreen issue, however. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Thank you!

-Duncan

And I've seemed to fix my NVRAM issue! Surprisingly, removing EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi and rebooting a couple times fixed the issue where brightness wasn't being saved to NVRAM...which I find interesting. I'll keep booting without it and see if this fix stays.

It means your native NVRAM might be working, so no need for emulated NVRAM...

I still have that black blinkscreen issue, however. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting". Describe problem clearly.
And don't forget to fill out your profile as per FAQ. (your current profile is missing required details).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back