Contribute
Register

Dell Alienware 15 R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm trying to get OSX 10.12.6 working on alienware 15 R3 laptop. Managed to install and boot to desktop so far. Trying to resolve the screen tearing issues (no QE), I guess Intel 630 IGPU is not recognize by the system. Been reading threads recommended by RehabMan but to no avail. Would appreciate if you guys can give me some pointers. Attached is my laptop info IOReg and etc.

Thanks !

Attachments

• aw15r3_info.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 90
With NvidiaGraphicsFixup installed, the web driver finally works...
TdvwGtP.png
Can share your clover's information ? Tried NvidiaGraphicsFixup but no go for me, Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm trying to get OSX 10.12.6 working on alienware 15 R3 laptop. Managed to install and boot to desktop so far. Trying to resolve the screen tearing issues (no QE), I guess Intel 630 IGPU is not recognize by the system. Been reading threads recommended by RehabMan but to no avail. Would appreciate if you guys can give me some pointers. Attached is my laptop info IOReg and etc.

Thanks !

The ig-platform-id you're using (0x191b0000) is not valid for the KBL graphics kexts.
The equivalent KBL id is 0x591b0000 instead.

The ig-platform-id you're using (0x191b0000) is not valid for the KBL graphics kexts.
The equivalent KBL id is 0x591b0000 instead.

KBL id is 0x591b0000 not working either, something else is not right. However I got GTX1070 working with Nvidia driver. Thanks for your assistant & reply !

Attachments

• aw15r3.jpg
    aw15r3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 142

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 101
  • IORegistry.zip
    777.7 KB · Views: 73

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 78
Sorry ! my bad, please see attached. Thanks !

Your internal display seems to be connected to Nvidia, not Intel.
May be BIOS setting related.

Your internal display seems to be connected to Nvidia, not Intel.
May be BIOS setting related.

There is nothing I can do in the bios regarding GPUs... no enable or disable options...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back