Contribute
Register

Dell Alienware 15 R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics
gtx 1060
Hello, I recently installed Capitan in my thinkpad using unibeast method, however unibeast won't boot my alienware to sierra installer, it simply reboots on apple logo.

So I tried 148093's Clover method, it will boot the installer, but with only about 1 out of 5 tries, 4 out of 5 tries it will crash & reboot few seconds later after I boot the installer in Clover.

After many tries, I somehow managed to partially install sierra to SSD(Lenovo sSL700 256G M.2-2242), can't complete step2 "Boot Mac OS install from Sierra", because now it crashes so much more often, even when installing.

I used config_HD620.plist from the github repo.

I have 1 HDD, 2 SSD in my alienware, installer didn't recognize the NVMe SSD, but since I don't plan to install mac in that SSD, I didn't care much about it for now.

Install medium used so far: 16GB usb stick, 128GB SSD usb disk(currently), the result seems to be the same, except for speed.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

I've uploaded some screenshots: Link

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 175
Hello, I recently installed Capitan in my thinkpad using unibeast method, however unibeast won't boot my alienware to sierra installer, it simply reboots on apple logo.

So I tried 148093's Clover method, it will boot the installer, but with only about 1 out of 5 tries, 4 out of 5 tries it will crash & reboot few seconds later after I boot the installer in Clover.

After many tries, I somehow managed to partially install sierra to SSD(Lenovo sSL700 256G M.2-2242), can't complete step2 "Boot Mac OS install from Sierra", because now it crashes so much more often, even when installing.

I used config_HD620.plist from the github repo.

I have 1 HDD, 2 SSD in my alienware, installer didn't recognize the NVMe SSD, but since I don't plan to install mac in that SSD, I didn't care much about it for now.

Install medium used so far: 16GB usb stick, 128GB SSD usb disk(currently), the result seems to be the same, except for speed.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

I've uploaded some screenshots: Link

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide...
And you did not provide correct "Problem Reporting" files/images.
SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is missing from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

If you have an issue...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And make sure your profile is filled out as requested in the FAQ.

Thank you.
Added those two files, and pressed F4 at main Clover screen.
Installer stuck at apple logo, by the looks of it, the progress bar stuck at around 2% or something and won't move anymore, waited for about 8 minutes until I press power button to turn it off manually.
(crashed 2 times in 4 tries)

I'm not sure if I should wait longer, I don't have time for today, will try tomorrow.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
Thank you.
Added those two files, and pressed F4 at main Clover screen.
Installer stuck at apple logo, by the looks of it, the progress bar stuck at around 2% or something and won't move anymore, waited for about 8 minutes until I press power button to turn it off manually.
(crashed 2 times in 4 tries)

No verbose boot photo attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Sorry, here's screenshots: link.
Compressed clover folder in #3.

These were taken when try to boot from disk installer (step2).
Not sure if I should reinstall the installer to disk, it is a miracle to me it didn't crash in the process yesterday.

Sorry, here's screenshots: link.
Compressed clover folder in #3.

These were taken when try to boot from disk installer (step2).
Not sure if I should reinstall the installer to disk, it is a miracle to me it didn't crash in the process yesterday.

Looks like a normal boot, but with potential graphics problem.
You can try with an external monitor, or boot with invalid ig-platfrom-id (such as 0x12345678).

Now I changed ig-platfrom-id to 0x12345678, still it refuses to boot the installer.
Screenshots: link
Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER (2).zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
Now I changed ig-platfrom-id to 0x12345678, still it refuses to boot the installer.
Screenshots: link
Thanks.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

I first installed El Capitan in my thinkpad t430(using usb stick installer created from within vmware), following this guide.
Everything seems working fine in my thinkpad, so I moved onward, using my thinkpad running Capitan to
download sierra from app store, created installer following the guide.

Thinkpad T430
cpu: i7-3610QM
motherboard: 2342CTO
bios: g1et93ww (2.53)
graphics: NVS5400M

Last edited:
I first installed El Capitan in my thinkpad t430(using usb stick installer created from within vmware), following this guide.
Everything seems working fine in my thinkpad, so I moved onward, download sierra from app store, created installer following the guide.

Thinkpad T430
cpu: i7-3610QM
bios: g1et93ww (2.53)
graphics: NVS5400M

This comes from the guide linked in post #2.

Note: DO NOT use a VM to create your USB. VMs are known to create invalid/corrupt USB installers. Use real hardware to create your USB installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back