Contribute
Register

Dell Alienware 15 R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing I can do in the bios regarding GPUs... no enable or disable options...

Did you check in Windows to verify how your internal display is connected.
Maybe it is always connected to Nvidia.
Seems strange that the IGPU would be active though.
For you to investigate (seems clear you have not really tried to understand your hardware).

Did you check in Windows to verify how your internal display is connected.
Maybe it is always connected to Nvidia.
Seems strange that the IGPU would be active though.
For you to investigate (seems clear you have not really tried to understand your hardware).

In windows it say "Not supported with GSYNC LCD PANEL" when I try to disable gtx 1070. The only way to use only IGPU via disable nvidia driver under devices manager. You are right I know very little about this system, just got it for less than a week.. I find out more... Thank You for your help.. Have a nice day ...

In windows it say "Not supported with GSYNC LCD PANEL" when I try to disable gtx 1070.

It sounds like your system is setup to never use the IGPU (even though it is active).

It sounds like your system is setup to never use the IGPU (even though it is active).

I guess for my case, (due to "G-SYNC" feature") is impossible to use iGPU for display output. The LCD panel is physically connected to the output of the discrete nvidia GPU, bypassing the Intel GPU totally. (Googled)

However iGPU is still active, some applications (Eg: iTune HD Video PlayBack) use it for rendering video ?

Still, I must Thank You for help and directions . Have a nice day !

However iGPU is still active, some applications (Eg: iTune HD Video PlayBack) use it for rendering video ?

Probably for quicksync.

anyway someone can provide an update clover folder? I have same laptop but in the 13in version. Ive been able to install osx based on the information in the thread but Ive been running into troubles. Instead of going though all this again, might as well start were everyone has left off. Thanks in advacned

anyway someone can provide an update clover folder? I have same laptop but in the 13in version. Ive been able to install osx based on the information in the thread but Ive been running into troubles. Instead of going though all this again, might as well start were everyone has left off. Thanks in advacned

What is the problem?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi all first time poster, and still trying to get my head around all this stuff.
I created the USB drive and was able to install Sierra on my AW 15r3. To my surprise my Network card works out of the box. So install multibeast with nothing more then just the boot setup. Once I restart my network card no longer functions. I try and utilize Multi beast and install the proper drivers (e2200) and the system will no longer start. Any help would be appreciated.
Intel I7 6700 HQ
Realtek ALC298 Sound
Killer E2400 Network
Killer 1435 Wireless.

Last edited:
Hi all first time poster, and still trying to get my head around all this stuff.
I created the USB drive and was able to install Sierra on my AW 15r3. To my surprise my Network card works out of the box. So install multibeast with nothing more then just the boot setup. Once I restart my network card no longer functions. I try and utilize Multi beast and install the proper drivers (e2200) and the system will no longer start. Any help would be appreciated.
Intel I7 6700 HQ
Realtek ALC298 Sound
Killer E2400 Network
Killer 1435 Wireless.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back