Contribute
Register

Dell 7559 i5 6300HQ El Capitan/Sierra installed success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the correct memory details in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory?

Yup. Everything added to the Memory tag correctly under config.plist.

Yup. Everything added to the Memory tag correctly under config.plist.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Photo is the same from this thread. Doesn't change, no matter what I try. I don't know why.

EFI is attached. Please, notice that I have tried to fill the second memory bank on config.plist as both Slot 1 and Slot 2. Neither way it changed the boot error.

By the way, the installer was correctly created. I can confirm it, because I did a successful install on my other notebook: Dell Inspiron 7000 Series 7348 using the same USB drive.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Photo is the same from this thread. Doesn't change, no matter what I try. I don't know why.

EFI is attached. Please, notice that I have tried to fill the second memory bank on config.plist as both Slot 1 and Slot 2. Neither way it changed the boot error.

By the way, the installer was correctly created. I can confirm it, because I did a successful install on my other notebook: Dell Inspiron 7000 Series 7348 using the same USB drive.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. You cannot use DropOem without patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. You cannot use DropOem without patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

But it's set as false in the config file. Should I remove the tag?

But it's set as false in the config file. Should I remove the tag?

Edit: I have just removed the flag and still the same error persists.

Edit: I have just removed the flag and still the same error persists.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

have you get it work?

No, still not working for me. I haven't attached photo / EFI folder as Rehabman requested, because the message is still the same and the EFI folder had already been attached.

I have also seen many other users with the same processor on other notebook brands reporting similar problems. I have also tried other config.plist files from these other laptops and nothing changed. There is definitely something wrong with clover that won't let us boot Sierra installation with the current version of osxaptiofixdrv-64.efi.

Last edited:
No, still not working for me. I haven't attached photo / EFI folder as Rehabman requested, because the message is still the same and the EFI folder had already been attached.

No reply with attachment since my post #17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back