Contribute
Register

Dell 7020 - Using only onboard HD4600 GPU - Build Files and Overview for the experienced. 4k ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @nicksoph. I've followed your guide and I'm currently using your EFI folder. I've changed serial and more to get iCloud/Messages/App Store working (everything is okay here).

However! Looks like sleep is not working, when I activate it everything turns off but I can't never get back screen. I have to force-reboot the Optiplex 9020 SFF (bios A25)

I'm using DP to my monitor. I'm on latest Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103)

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for this guide!

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-30 a las 15.54.48.png

Last edited:
check bios settings for GPU and Option Roms

check bios settings for GPU and Option Roms
You are very right! I got confused and I was using the BIOS settings from the original 4k guide with external GPU. Sorry about that.

So far I've found a few of things not working:
- I'm not getting any sensor readings from iStats, but maybe I just need to install HWMonitor instead.
- My display is using DP and got speakers, but I'm not getting any sound output for this in the preferences (like if it's not being recognized). Any ideas on this?
- Looks like TRIM is not enabled looking at System profiler. Is this because the config or because my SATA SSD? (I'm using APFS)

BTW! On the BIOS settings there's one thing needed to change otherwise it won't boot (at least for me). When you Load defaults (bios A25) you get SATA mode set to Raid, but at least for me I had to change it to AHCI otherwise it won't boot

Last edited:
Sensors - HwMonitor works with this build but except for interest in checking the system I dont like having the extra kexts.
Sound is a mystery - it just works - look into cables and which DP port you are using
Trim - separate discussion on yes/no - but I've no comment
BIOS - thanks - It's a 9020 thing - I have a 7020 which lacks RAID - I'll edit

Last edited:
Sensors - HwMonitor works with this build but except for interest in checking the system I dont like having the extra kexts.
Sound is a mystery - it just works - look into cables and which DP port you are using
Trim - separate discussion on yes/no - but I've no comment
BIOS - thanks - It's a 9020 thing - I have a 7020 which lacks RAID - I'll edit
I have checked the cables and it was connected at the bottom DP, so I connected it on the top one and now the DP audio works! (maybe interesting to add it to the guide?)
Btw would you mind telling me what did you change in the config.plist vs the original guide?. I have tried it and it booted Okay too!

thanks a lot!

Audio - Good, Ill add the find
Config.plist - notes on post 3 but if your in the mood for checking...

Thank you! Followed the guide for a 7020 MicroTower with an i5 4690 and everything works.

Hi, I've got a 9020m, has anyone had success with the 9020 micro and this guide?

Pete

Hi, I've got a 9020m, has anyone had success with the 9020 micro and this guide?

Pete
Ive not but had a look at the specs for the M and they look very similar and using the q87 chipset makes me think that it will be close to identical. If you have the time and a spare drive I'd give it a go. You might also ask in the main thread mentioned in the first post where trs96 is sure to see it as he is likely to give a more informed answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back