Contribute
Register

DC3217BY Mavericks Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
milchmann said:
no boot loader seams to be installed, I already need the usb stick to boot. if I try to good from ssd i get an error.
Hi milchmann! OSX installation does not install Chameleon. That's what Multibeast is for.

milchmann said:
no sound after using your scripts. even if i search mac mini it don´t work. it is already mac pro after
Are you sure the commands executed properly? Could you post Terminal contents after the execution?

rebuild the cache with Pandora
I was sure cache is rebuilt every time the extension is installed with Kext Wizard or alike.

if i do DSDT=NULL i can get back to osx but with choppy video settings
Once you are in OS, why would not you delete DSDT.aml? What happens if you do that? Did you use Multibeast to install DSDT? What verbose mode shows on screen when it stucks?

Hello there davids74. I got a notification this morning that a new security update had been released (Security Update 2014–002 (Mavericks)) and after reading the thread on this site decided to risk an install straight from the App Store. Upon reboot, it appears my sound has gone wonky. I tried reinstalling DSDT and all the other settings via MultiBeast, but with no luck. I was wondering if perhaps you had a fix for this or a work around. I'm also unable to log into the App Store, despite trying multiple null-ethernet fixes, any ideas?

Fair warning, I'm a new Mac OS user so it might take a little bit of hand holding. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Thanks for this great guide. Managed to install 10.9.2 on my Nuc in one go!

Only issue I had was a boot0:error after running multi beast.

Fixed it quickly via this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmez9323CJI

Now just waiting for my thunderbolt to ethernet adapter.

then to look for a wifi card and bluetooth adapter.

Hello there davids74. I got a notification this morning that a new security update had been released (Security Update 2014–002 (Mavericks)) and after reading the thread on this site decided to risk an install straight from the App Store. Upon reboot, it appears my sound has gone wonky. I tried reinstalling DSDT and all the other settings via MultiBeast, but with no luck. I was wondering if perhaps you had a fix for this or a work around. I'm also unable to log into the App Store, despite trying multiple null-ethernet fixes, any ideas?

Fair warning, I'm a new Mac OS user so it might take a little bit of hand holding. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Hi the deepsixes, I don't see mentioning of running terminal commands or patching appleframbuffercapri anywhere in you post.

Thanks for this great guide. Managed to install 10.9.2 on my Nuc in one go!

I am always very happy and a little bit cautious to hear that.

Now just waiting for my thunderbolt to ethernet adapter.

Having no Ethernet seemed awkward to me at the beginning. But having WiFi turns out not to be such a bad alternative. What kind of transfers could you possibly have among your NuMac and other computers what could not be accommodated by 56-300Mbit Wifi?

Hello :)

I'm having a bit of a nightmare since the last security update, I lost sound and mp4 video playback (oddly), i had a mess about in Multibeast with audio drivers (stupidly), then found this thread.

I have followed your multibeast instructions to the letter > restarted > tested sound > nothing (as it should be).

Ran terminal > copied and pasted the script > entered password > the file was created on the desktop > restarted.

From here I tested the sound and it sounds choppy and strange, certainly can't make out what is being said in videos etc. It is also showing two "Digital Out (HDMI)" selections in System Preferences, but my NUC only has the one, so selecting the other means no sound at all.

Is there anything I have missed, or anything I can do to restore sound?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, sorry. I ran all the terminal commands as well and still no luck.

the plan is to use this as a replacement for my windows box running mysql for xbmc, I just prefer cable over wifi, but will see if wifi is stable enough I will just stick to that. Just need to order a wifi/bluetooth card. Not sure which to order yet.

Do you recommend seperate wifi/bluetooth?

All working with the Wi-Fi card, including iCloud, App Store and iTunes store, however when I try to log in to iMessage, I get this error.

Do you get this error as well Davids74??

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 12.50.15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back