Contribute
Register

DC3217BY Mavericks Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

just an update regarding 10.9.3

Installed it last night using the instructions from Stork on the front page with a few adjustments, make sure you have your Unibeast usb stick to hand!

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.3;
:ch: Re-boot with your Unibeast stick and use boot flag UseKernelCache=No (I was getting a kernel panic otherwise);
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your patched AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement to install and TRIM (if needed);
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.

I had to use chameleon wizard after this to get iMessage to work again though after which I had to reinstall Chimera as well.

Good luck all!

Updated to 10.9.5 again with this method and works too

Tank you for this good manual. HDMI audio is not working on OS x 10.9.5 (intel Nuc).

Maybe you have a solution for this problem?

Tank you for this good manual. HDMI audio is not working on OS x 10.9.5 (intel Nuc).

Maybe you have a solution for this problem?

There are Intel Nuc threads in the forum threads. These do come with many different hardware options so you might want to check the model number that you have and input it into the search facility :thumbup::
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=Intel nuc

HDMI Audio is a post installation process on all hardware:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/

To enable sound copy and paste these commands into terminal (from Syngates thread too):

Code:
Code:
sudo cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext Desktop
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x05\x00\x00\x00\x04\x00\x00\x07\x01\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x05\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00\x00\x06\x00\x00\x00|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents//MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

I have tried everything but can not get enable the HDMI audio in OS x 10.9.5. Can someone help me with my Intel NUC to enable the HDMI audio?

10-17-2014, 12:59 PM #75

To enable sound copy and paste these commands into terminal (from Syngates thread too):

Code:
 sudo cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext Desktop
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x05\x00\x00\x00\x04\x00\x00\x07\x01\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x05\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00\x00\x06\x00\x00\x00|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents//MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

I have tried everything but can not get enable the HDMI audio in OS x 10.9.5. Can someone help me with my Intel NUC to enable the HDMI audio?

try this AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

i'm using it on my NUC on 10.9.2.

i picked it up from one of the threads here when i first bought the NUC, back in Mountain Lion days. not sure who modded it at the time so i can't give proper credit for it.

Attachments

• AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.zip
    193.5 KB · Views: 110
10-17-2014, 12:59 PM #75

Could you post contents of the terminal window after you run these lines?

Also you can open the kext in hex editor and search for values yourself and see if they are replaced.

Hi all, I am trying to get OSX 10.9.3 working on mu Intel Nuc.
I have been following this guide and can get the OS installed and booted up.
After login i start having trouble. I have installed the Kext, correctly i think but i have no HDMI audio. This is not my main issue.

While using MultiBeast i do not have the following options to pick from, they are missing from the list.

Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SAM
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC vS.3..820
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
Drivers > System > Patched AppleInteICPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1

So as they are not in the list i load up the DSDT.aml file and some of the other options in this guide are their for me to pick but are not selected with this file, so i add them my self and this is what my build page looks like.

Quick Start > UserDSDT - /Users/*****/Documents/Nuc Setup Files/Nuc/MultiBeast/DSDT.aml
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 - 10.9.3 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

It installs all good, with no errors or anything. But as soon as i turn off the system and try to boot backup again i get a system panic (the apple logo and all that black text) the only way around this i have found is to do a new clean install.

Cam any one give me any help?

Thanks Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back